Send this Email to 10 Persons Or Else Curse will come upon You + Do Not Forward

  • Adil ibn Manzoor Khan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 12:14 AM

      In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

      "May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

      Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

      Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
      As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

      Chain Letter. Really. by macslost.

      Send this Email to 10 Persons
      Or Else
      Curse will come upon You ...

      Almost everyday we come across such chain emails , few of them just non-sense and few of them actually carry islamic (fabricated) message with a tagline - Forward this Email to 10 persons or Else ....

      There occurs today a very detestable practice among our muslim circle in particular but not specific to them. It is the indulgence and participation in
      email chain letters. For those of us not familiar with this activity, it is
      where someone sends an email letter with some sort of story pertaining, in most cases but not always, to something Islamic, and then they put a condition at the end of this story to distribute this email to a certain number of people.

      The condition usually is a severe warning against not forwarding the email to the certain number of people in which case some calamity or mishap will occur if it is not done. In other cases the condition proposes a special benefit for
      forwarding the email to the certain number of people.

      A lot of times we as muslims simply forward (but we may not think that it will bring 'good luck') , but in doing this we are simply circulating a lie.

      Ordinarily this is a form of shirk that I think most people would be aware of or at least should recognize. Believing that some act not from the Quraan or Sunnah, if done, can cause some harm and/or benefit is indeed shirk. In doing
      so we set up a rival to Allaah, for truly it is only Allaah who can benefit us
      or harm us, and only Allaah can remove such harm. As Allaah says in Surah
      Al-Anam ayah 17:

      "
      And if Allaah touches you with harm, none can remove it but He, and if He
      touches you with good, then He is Able to do all things."

      One of the things we learn from this ayat is that any harm that afflicts us can only be removed by Allaah, so to specifically believe in bad omens, which includes bad luck and the belief that certain practices, not endorsed by Allaah or The Prophet pbuh.gif , can affect the outcome of future events, is in essence the meaning of an omen. So to believe in these omens would be belief that other than Allaah can remove such harm from us, which is setting a rival with Allaah in this removal of harm, which is shirk!

      And Allaah says in Surah al-Maaidah ayah
      72 :
      "Verily, whosoever sets up rivals in worship with Allaah, then Allaah has
      forbidden Al-Jannah for him, and the Fire will be his abode."

      In many circumstances these chain emails threatens the reader that 'if' the
      email is not sent to the certain number of people then 'such and such' will
      occur.

      As reported this is Shirk! As is reported on the authority of Ibn Masood radhi Allahu anhu in a marfoo form, that he said:
      "At-tiyarah (belief in omens) is Shirk, at-tiyrah (belief in omens) is Shirk.
      There is none among us who is not afflicted by it, but Allah, by true dependence on Him removes it from the heart." [1] So this hadeeth / athar is a
      rejection of belief in omens because such beliefs necessitates negation of
      belief in Allah's Qadr and because it causes the heart to become attached to
      other than Allah, which is Shirk.

      Also it is reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah radhi Allaahu anhu that the
      Messenger of Allah pbuh.gif said:
      "There is no `adwaa [2], no tiyarah (belief in omens) and no
      haamah[3] and no Safar [4]"
      (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

      Muslim, in his Saheeh, adds: "...and no naw and no ghoul [6]."

      Now what is even more disturbing is that these omens are presented and
      beautified in the form of "harmless" conditions and mere fun.

      The most recent one of these shirk chain emails that I came across, put the
      condition that "if you love Allaah, then forward this letter to.."!!! This
      should indeed be a higher degree of disturbing for Ahl Sunnah as it entails
      speaking about an attribute of Allaah without knowledge, namely Allaah's love.
      How is it that one can put a condition to Allaah's love based on doing an act
      that has no precedence in The Book of Allaah or The Sunnah of His Messenger
      pbuh.gif ?!?!

      This is indeed a form of ilhad (deviation) regarding the attribute of Allaah, and a form of shirk in this category of Tawheed (Asmaa wa Sifaat). The love of Allaah is attainable through many acts of ibaadah mentioned to us in the Quran and Sunnah, and thus to innovate in this noble venture is a disgusting type of bidah, pursued in most part by those of ahl kalam (The people of false rhetoric), the philosophers, and the sufis. Those people who chose not to be content with the established texts of Al-Islaam, but rather engage in exercising their intellect with regard to the deen. As we should know the Beautiful, Perfect and Lofty Names and Attributes of Allaah are tawqeefiyyah, meaning they are derived from the text of The Quraan and The Sunnah.

      Speaking about Allaah's Names and/or Attributes without knowledge that which was not mentioned by Allaah or His Messenger pbuh.gif or the righteous predecessors of this Ummah constitutes a great offense against Allaah and His Deen.

      Allaah Subhana wa Taala says in Surah Al Araf ayah 33: "Say: My Lord has forbidden.. and that you say about Allaah that of which you have no knowledge".

      And Allaah says in
      Surah al-Israa ayah 36: "Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge."

      So we must be extremely careful not to attribute to Allaah or place a condition on His Taala attributes that is not mentioned in any text of The Quraan and
      Sunnah, even if it appears to agree with our intellect. This is the methodology of the Sahabah concerning the Names and Attributes of Allaah, and it is the methodology that we in turn should adopt.

      In conclusion I offer this sincere advise, and straightforward warning, if you or anyone you know is in the practice of writing these emails, or forwarding them, please revere Allaah and set not up rivals with him by spreading this fitnah of belief and indulgence in omens and superstious practices. Like so many other types of hidden shirk, it is beautified and marginalized until it enters our home as something that we take to be so minute and insignificant.

      [1] Narrated by Abu Dawood and At-Tirmidhi, who said it is authentic, but considered
      the last part of it to be Ibn Mas'ood's own statement

      [2] Infectious or contagious disease.

      [3] Interpreting omens based on the flight of a nocturnal bird.

      [4] Some scholars said that it refers to parasites which infest the stomach and
      intestines of mankind and cattle, while others said that it refers to the pagan belief that the arrival of the month of Safar in the Muslim calendar bodes ill, while the dictionary defines safar as jaundice - and Allah knows best.

      [5] belief that the positions of the stars affect the climate

      [6] ghosts and ghouls

      As-Salamu Alaykum (peace be upon you),

      FW: Fw: Living in The Age of "Email Forwards"

      The advent of modern technology has provided an unprecedented platform for individuals and groups to manufacture and spread false information about Islam at a large scale. This phenomenon is carried out by both, people who are members of the faith and others who are open adversaries of Islam. Whilst the latter group is less successful in its attempts to penetrate and circulate false teachings among Muslims, the first group for a long time, has had almost total success with very little opposition.

      Though there is a small and growing circle of Muslims ever cautious and alert, aware of the dangers of false teachings and always demanding evidence and proof, the vast majority are completely oblivious to this predicament. Throughout the years, I have personally witnessed Imams of mosques, students at universities and the average Muslim at home or work, all inadvertently and naively involved in tampering with the pristine teachings of Islam. Commentaries are given of the Quran with the aid of strange and fictitious Israelite traditions, ahadith are quoted, unanimously agreed by the scholars as fabrications, irrational statements are dressed up and put into the mouth of early Muslim scholars to gain legitimacy, and ridiculous rumours are spread without anyone questioning its authenticity or asking for a reference. Emails in particular is used as a vehicle to spread false information from person to person with astonishing rapidity by encouraging recipients to forward messages, to everyone they know.

      It is now quite normal to find our emails inundated with supposed miracles like the Shahadah in German trees, or new conversion stories like, Neil Armstrong hearing the Adhan on the moon and accepting Islam, or warnings on the birth of Dajjal or worst still fabricated ahadith on the merits of different actions.

      Of course, this phenomenon is nothing new. Preachers, zealots, heretics, pamphleteers, story tellers and ignorant ascetics of every age give currency to legendary narratives and furnish it with a few of their own inventions. Conscious of this problem, in the early centuries of Islam, a group of Muslims scholars took on the challenge and dedicated their lives to preserve the authentic statements of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and to purge out later additions. They travelled long arduous journeys, leaving their families and children and sacrificing the luxuries of food and comfort, deciphering hundreds of manuscripts, interrogating a multitude of men and writing volumes of books all with the aim of protecting this faith and eliminating any fabrications.

      Yet, the task is not over. Even today, the circulation of fables and fictitious legends continues via the pulpit, books, television and most recently the internet. If this trend continues unchecked it will lead to disastrous results.

      It is only when we as Muslims work together, that we will be able to eradicate this problem. We must show a high level of caution and vigilance and avoid forwarding emails without verification. We must not quote or cite ahadith whose authenticity is unknown or doubtful. We should not feel inhibited or shy to ask someone for a reference or source.

      In conclusion I would like to leave you with a few sayings of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and the early Muslim scholars on the dangers of falsely attributing a statement to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and the importance of verifying information before it is passed on to others.

      The Seriousness of Telling Lies About the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)

      On the authority of 'Ali, the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

      "Do not tell lies about me, for whoever tell lies about me will enter the Fire." [Reported by Imam al-Bukhari and Muslim]

      It was narrated that Anas bin Malik said: "What prevents me from narrating many ahadith to you is the fact that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Whoever tells a lie about me deliberately, let him take his seat in the Fire." [Reported by Imam al-Bukhari and Muslim]

      The Prohibition of Passing On Any or Every Information That Reaches You Without Verification

      It was narrated by Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

      "It is sufficient lying for a man to speak of everything that he hears." [Reported by Imam Muslim in the Introduction to his Sahih]

      Imam Malik said: "You should know that no man who speaks of everything that he hears will be free of faults, and he will never be an Imam who speaks of everything that he hears."

      He further states "A person will not become an Imam in knowledge if he relates everything that he hears, and he will not be an Imam if he narrates from every single person and narrates odd (weak) reports." [Reported by Imam Muslim in the Introduction to his Sahih]

      The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) Warning Us of People Fabricating Stories & Ahadith

      It was narrated by Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

      "At the end of my Ummah there will be imposters and liars who will narrate to you ahadith that neither you nor your forefathers ever heard. Beware of them and stay away from them, and do not let them mislead you or confuse you." [Reported by Imam Muslim in the Introduction to his Sahih]

      The Importance of Isnad & Taking Knowledge Only From Recognized Authorities

      Imam Muhammad bin Sirin said: "This knowledge (Hadith) is the foundation of religion, so watch from whom you learn your religion." [Reported by Imam Muslim in the Introduction to his Sahih]

      Ibn Abu Zinad narrated that his father said: "In al-Madinah, I met one hundred men, all of whom were reliable, but no one accepted ahadith from them. It was said: "He is not one of its people." [Reported by Imam Muslim in the Introduction to his Sahih]

      Imam 'Abd Allah bin Mubarak said: "The chain of narration (Isnad) is part of religion, were it not for the chain, anyone could say whatever he wanted." [Reported by Imam Muslim in the Introduction to his Sahih]

      Imam Sufyan ath-Thawri said: "The Isnad is the weapon of the Believer. So if he does not have a weapon with him, what will he fight with?" [Sharaf Ashabal Hadith (1/15)]

      Even People Who Appear Righteous Could Fabricate Ahadith Unintentionally

      Imam Yahya bin Sa'id al-Qattan narrated from his father: "You will not see in good people anything worse than in telling lies about ahadith.

      Imam Muslim commented: "This means, lies would flow from their tongues but they do not lie deliberately. [Reported by Imam Muslim in the Introduction to his Sahih]

      Some Atatements From The Early Scholars

      Imam 'Abdur-Rahman bin Mahdi: "it is not permissible for a man to be an Imam until he knows what is authentic (in Hadith) from what is not authentic."

      Imam Sufyan ath-Thawri: "Increase in (the knowledge of) Hadith as it is a weapon (for you)."

      Imam Sufyan al-Thawri: "The angels are guardians of the sky, and the scholars of Hadith are the guardians on Earth."

      Imam Yazid bin Zari': "For every religion there are knights, and the knights of this religion are the scholars of Hadith."

      'Imam Abd Allah bin Mubarak said: "The example of the one who studies his Religion without an Isnad is like the one who attempts to ascend a roof without a ladder." [Sharaf Ashabul Hadith (1/15)]

      Abu Mansur bin Sallam al-Faqih said: "There is nothing heavier upon the people of heresy and more hated by them than listening to the Hadith and its narration with its Isnad." [Sharaf Ashabul Hadith (2/36)]

      An Example of The Efforts That Were Taken By The Scholars To Ascertain The Authenticity of a Hadith

      Al-Mu'mal ibn Isma'il was once informed of a Hadith on the authority of Ubay bin K'ab detailing the virtue of every Surah in the Quran.

      Al-Mu'mal inquired of his teacher: "Who narrated (this Hadith to you)?"

      The teacher replied: "A man in Madain, and he is still alive."

      Al-Mu'mal continues: "So I traveled to meet this man in person. Once I met him, I asked him who had narrated the Hadith to him.

      He replied: "A Sheikh in Wasiť and he is still alive."

      So I traveled to Wasiť and asked the man who narrated the Hadith to him.

      He replied: "A Sheikh in Basra".

      So I traveled to Basra and asked the Sheikh the same question.

      He replied that he was informed by a Sheikh in 'Abadan.

      So I traveled to 'Abadan and asked the Sheikh who had narrated the Hadith to him.

      The Sheikh got hold of my hand and took me to a house where some Sufis had gathered and among them was a Sheikh.

      "This Sheikh reported the Hadith to me" said the man holding my hand.

      So I asked: "O Sheikh, who reported this Hadith to you?"

      The man replied: "No one reported the Hadith to me, but when I saw the people turning away from the Quran, I fabricated this Hadith to bring the people back to the Quran." [ash-Shadha al-Fayah 1/228]

      Imam ash-Shawkani describing the efforts of the early Hadith scholars writes:

      "The scholars went to great extents to inform the people of fabricated ahadith, and they exposed the fairytales of liars, and removed from the ahadith of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) the false attributions of the fabricators, the distortions of the transgressors, and the erroneous explanations of the ignorant..." [al-Fawa'id al-Majmu'ah: 3]

      Khadejah Jones
      Share Islam Team
      ShareIslam.com

      http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0019/FC/12/FC127153D70C3F9C271C5D_Large.jpg
      A very important lecture by Brother Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari
      "Do Not Forward"
      Jeddah Dawah Centre
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWFRbKGoQ5g

      As-Salaam Walekum
      Adil Khan
      Bombay

        Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in not-for-profit publications.