FW: I am catching hold of your waist ties (to save you) from fire, but you slip away from my hands

  • Shaik Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011

      From: Shaik Sadek
      Sent: February 1, 2011 10:55
      To: 'Abdul Bari'; Asan Meera Sahib M.; 'Handal Bermudez'; Mohammed Iqbal; Mohammed Sajid Khan; Nassir Siddique; 'xx'; 'xyz'
      Cc: 'bb'; 'ff'; Mustafa Kamal; Riyaz Abdul Majeed; Syed Mazheruddin; Usman Manzoor; Zakiuddin Mohammed
      Subject: I am catching hold of your waist ties (to save you) from fire, but you slip away from my hands

      Jabir (Radhiallahu Anhu) reported: Messenger of Allah (salla-Llaahu ‘alayhi wa-sallam) said, “My parable and that of yours is like a man who kindled a fire. When it has illuminated all around him, the moths and grasshoppers began to fall therein. He tried to push them away, but they overcame him and jumped into it. I am catching hold of your waist ties (to save you) from fire, but you slip away from my hands (Muslim).

      Commentary: This hadith mentions the extreme kindness which the Prophet (salla-Llaahu ‘alayhi wa-sallam) had for the welfare of his followers. It also mentions the misfortune of those who would become the fuel of Hell for not accepting Islam in spite of the utmost affection and ardor of the Prophet (salla-Llaahu ‘alayhi wa-sallam) to bring them in the fold of Islam. People who fail to accept Islam would fall in the Hell-fire in the same way moths fall in the fire.

      It is a mercy of Allah Who guided us Alhamdulialla (This is my comments apart from the above)