Whom Must We Worship

  • ni_70
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      Prepared by Dr. Saleh As-Saleh

      The submission of man to His Creator is the essence of Islam.
      The name "Islam" is chosen by God (Allah) and not by man. It is the
      same unifying Message revealed to all the Prophets and Messengers by
      Allah and which they spread amongst their respective nations. In its
      Final form it was revealed to Muhammad (Peace & Mercy of Allah be
      upon him) as a complete Message to whole mankind. The Lord, Allah, is
      the True and Only Creator that deserves to be worshipped. No worship
      is worthy of being given to a stone, statue, a cross, a triangle,
      Khomeini, Farakhan, Eliajahs, Malcom's X or Y, Ghandi, Krishna, Guru,
      Buddha, Mahatma, Emperor, Joseph Smith, Sun, Moon (not to that from
      Korea too!), Light, Fire, rivers, cows, Rama, Temples, Prophets,
      Messengers (Yes! Muslims do not worship Muhammad-peace be upon him),
      Saints, Priests, Monks, Movie Stars, Sheiks, etc.!!! All are created
      beings or things.

      ALLAH, is the Name of the One True God. His Name is not chosen by
      man and does not have a number or gender. It is known that Allah is
      the Name of God in Aramaic, the language of our beloved Prophet Jesus
      and a sister language of Arabic. The Name "Allah" has been used by
      all previous Prophets starting with Adam and by the last and final
      Prophet, Muhammad (Peace be upon them all).

      The Innate Nature in man recognizes what is good and bad, what is
      true and false. It recognizes that the Attributes of Allah must be
      True, Unique, and All-Perfect. It does not feel comfortable towards
      any kind of degradation of His Attributes not does it qualities to
      the Creator. Many who became "discontent with God" did so because of
      the practices of the Church in medieval Europe and because of the
      claims of "god dwelling in a son" and the concept of the "original
      sin". However, they "escaped" into worshipping a new theory
      called "mother nature" as well as the "material" World. With the
      advancement of materialistic technology others from different
      religions adopted the concept of "forgetting about God" and "let us
      live this life and enjoy it!", not realizing that they have chosen
      the worship of the "original god" of Rome: Desire!.As a result
      the "enjoyment" is turning to "suffering" from AIDS.

      NOW we can see that all of this materialistic and secular
      progress produced a spiritual vacuum that led to complex social,
      economical, political, and psychological problems. Many of those
      who "fled" their "religions" are in search again. Some try
      to "escape" the complexity of their daily lives via various means.
      Those who had the chance to examine the Qur'an and Islam, proceed
      with a complete way of life that relates man to establish a purpose
      for his presence on earth. This is well recognized in the Attributes
      of Allah and what does He require from man. He does not want man to
      be enslaved to any false deity: nature, drugs, lust, money, other
      man, desire, or sex. He provides man with the proofs that He is the
      One who can redeem so that man can free himself from the slavery to
      any form of creation and to turn to his Creator Alone. THIS Creator
      Has Perfect Attributes. He is the First, nothing is before Him, the
      Ever Living. To Him is the Final Return where everyone will be dealt
      with in the Most Perfect and Just way. He does not begot nor He is
      begotten. Those who attribute Divinity to Jesus forget or ignore the
      fact that Jesus was in a mother's womb. He needed nutrition; he was
      born and grew up to be a man. He was trusted with the Gospel as a
      Message to the Children of Israel: "For there is One God, and one
      mediator (i.e. a messenger) between God and men (the Children of
      Israel), the man Christ Jesus) (I Timothy 2:5). A man-messenger
      calling his nation not to worship him: "But in vain they do worship
      me!" (Mathew 15:9). A man who needs to eat, walk, sleed, rest, etc..
      cannot have Divine Attributes because he is in need and God (Allah)
      is Self-Sufficient.

      AS far as Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Marxism, and
      Capitalism, there is the devotion of worshipping created being/things
      in one form or another. Jews had attributed a "Nationalistic"
      belonging to Allah. They labeled Him "The Tribal God" for the
      Children of Israel. Men and women following these "religions" were
      born with the natural inclination of submission to their Creator,
      Allah. It is their parents who had driven them into their respective
      traditions. However, once people are exposed to the Signs of Allah
      around them, or in the Qur'an or to someone who triggers thei Fitra
      (natural inclination to worship Allah Alone), the reverting process
      begins and that is why we see a universal spreading of Islam. In the
      West and despite tha many distortions of Islam in the Media, many
      admit that Islam may be the fastest growing Faith. No sense of
      fairness can be achieved without a genuine attempt to know the Word
      of Allah in the Qur'an and not on the 30-min-Evening News. This is
      the real challenge for those who seek the Truth. Man is created for a
      purpose: to live a life in accordance with Allah's way. Why Not? Do
      we posses the air we breath? Did we create ourselves or others? Or
      were we ourselves the Creators? We are limited and weak. So is our
      right to ignore our Creator where we all need Him?

      ISLAM is the submission in worship to Allah Alone and it is the
      essence of all the Messages sent to all nations before us. Allah is
      All-Just and All-Wise. He does not intend confusion for His Creation.
      The religion accepted to Him is the one chosen by Him. Its essence
      must be One, because He is One. It is free from geographical, racist,
      and status oriented concepts. It is Perfect and it is the complete
      way of life. All these qualities are chosen by Allah in His Only
      Religion: Islam. Its details are in in the Qur'an, read it and come
      with an open heart because none can expose better than the World of
      Allah. The Qur'an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad. He did not author
      it. He was unlettered. Its translation is available in many languages
      in bookstores or in an Islamic Center close to you. Take the time to
      read it and come/call the Islamic Center, or speak to someone who re-
      verted and submitted to Allah Alone.

      The Decision is yours!

      http://sultan.org/articles/wmww.html