part 2: Al-Islaam the Religion of Peace and Mercy

  • Albaseerah.Org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009

      asalamualikum - part 2 - visit the thread to read first part: http://www.albaseerah.org/forum/showthread.php?t=609

      Al-Islaam the Religion of Peace and Mercy
      by
      Shaikh Abdul Azeez As-Sa'eed
      Delivered on July 23rd, 2005

      Patience with the ignorant ones

      From his mercy, is what he was upon from being very patient with the ignorant, and his people would harm him, and the Bedouins of the Arab would be ignoramus' towards him, and he would reply to all of this by turning the cheek and forgiving, because he, peace be upon him, did not seek any revenge toward anyone concerning himself, that is because of his own self. And Allaah orders him with that, saying:

      خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْجَاهِلِينَ
      {Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish (i.e. don't punish them).} [Al-A'raaf 7: 199]

      And the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم implemented this order. For this reason when a Bedouin came to the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم one day and grabbed his clothing, and his shirt in specific till it became tight around his neck, around the Prophet's neck and left its mark, he said, 'O Muhammad order that I be granted from the money Allaah has given you.' The Prophet looked at him and smiled or laughed and ordered that the man be given money.[1]

      Friendly and Lenient

      And from his mercy is what he was upon of being friendly and lenient. He would not act in an aggressive manner but he would act by lowering the wing, which was to be selfless and merciful. He would remind his companions of this by saying; 'Ease is not put into anything except that it beautifies it.'[2]

      Goodness towards all creation

      And from his mercy is what he was upon from having goodness towards all of the creation. He would have goodness towards the believer and the disbeliever, the male and the female, the old and the young, even toward the birds and the animals.

      The disbelievers were very bad towards him – that is the disbelievers of Quraysh – when he صلى الله عليه و سلم entered Makkah, even though they were bad towards him, when he peace be upon him, entered Makkah as a conqueror, he said to it's people – 'you may go free, for you are the freed ones.'[3] He has been given in the earlier books this characteristic as well – the characteristic of returning good with good or better.

      Patience upon being harmed

      And from his mercy is being patient upon being harmed. So he would be patient upon being harmed, especially at the beginning of his calling, the beginning of his Da'wah. An example of this is when he went to the town of Taa'if to call its people and they harmed him severely and tortured him, so he decided to return to Makkah, since he was being harmed in Taa'if, and on his path back to Makkah, on his way back the Angel of the Mountains came to him and said; 'If you wish I will collapse the akhsha bayn,' that are the two large mountains that surround that area. 'I will collapse the two mountains upon them, destroying them.' But he, peace be upon him said: 'No I hope there will come from them, from their backbone a people who will worship Allaah and not associate partners with Him.'[4] He was patient upon the Religion and being harmed for its sake, so Allaah made reality what he hoped for and Allaah bought from the people of Taa'if, people of understanding and knowledge, leaders and commanders that do not fear in Allaah the criticism of the criticisers nor the blame of the blamers.

      Establishing justice amongst the people

      And from his mercy is what he was upon of justice between the people and he did not oppress anyone. The disbelievers lived in Madeenah just as the believers did. He was just toward all, he was ruling over the believers and the disbelievers, from the Arabs and the people of the Book, none were oppressed – he did not oppress anyone. This justice he was upon and implemented upon the Ansaar – that is the people of Madeenah – is his living out the Qur'aan. His implementation of the Qur'aan, that was revealed onto him and because he was sent as a mercy to all mankind. And it is authentically reported from him, peace be upon him, he said: 'I have not been sent as one who curses, but verily I have been sent as a mercy.' [5]

      His concern was that the people be guided to the Religion of Allaah. He called the people to Allaah from the day he was sent to the day that he died. This is some of the examples of his mercy, and his mercy is much and we would not be able to name them (the examples) all right now."

      Mercy in the Religion of Islaam

      Now the Shaikh (hafidhahullah) said:
      "We will move on to look at the mercy encompassed in the great Religion of Islaam and its legislation.

      Islaam encompasses all the legislation we need

      The first thing is the encompassing of the legislation of Islaam, that which will bring good to the people, all that will bring good to the people in this world and in the next life, as Allaah سبحانه و تعالى said:

      مَّا فَرَّطْنَا فِي الكِتَابِ مِن شَيْءٍ
      {…We have neglected nothing in the Book…} [Al-An'aam 6:38]

      And He سبحانه و تعالى said:
      وَنَزَّلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ تِبْيَاناً لِّكُلِّ شَيْءٍ
      {…And We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'aan) as an exposition of everything...} [An-Nahl 16:89]

      Religion of Ease and Forgiveness

      The second of its characteristics is its having ease and forgiveness, which is because Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has raised the Haraj – that is the difficulty/burden, off of this nation, and made it a religion of ease. In the Religion of Islaam Allaah made it easy and He raised from it the previous restrictions that the earlier nations had as Allaah سبحانه و تعالى said:
      لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْساً إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا
      {Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope…} [Al-Baqara 2:286]
      And He said:

      مَا يُرِيدُ اللّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْ حَرَجٍ
      {…Allâh does not want to place you in difficulty…} [Al-Maa'idah 5:6]

      And He سبحانه و تعالى said:
      لا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْساً إِلَّا مَا آتَاهَا
      {…Allâh puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him…} [At-Talaaq 65:7]

      I will give you two examples of how the burdening has been raised from this nation of Islaam:
      1. The first is repentance. In Islaam if the slave sins he may repent and Allaah may accept it from him. As for the previous nations the repentance that was accepted from them was that they killed themselves as Allaah said about them:
      فَتُوبُواْ إِلَى بَارِئِكُمْ فَاقْتُلُواْ أَنفُسَكُمْ
      {…So turn in repentance to your Creator and kill yourselves (the innocent kill the wrong doers among you)…} [Al-Baqarah 2:54]

      2. The second example is concerning the purification, purifying yourself. In Islaam if impurity falls on your clothing you may wash it and it will be pure. But in the previous nations they had to cut the impure part out of the clothing.

      --
      Masjid Ahlul-Quraan wa As-Sunnah of New york
      http://www.seekknowledge.org