"My son is not a terrorist," declared Abdul Wahed

  • Shaik Sadek- Premier
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      "My son is not a terrorist," declared Abdul Wahed

      BILLAL FATHER TOLD THAT "I have been going to Mecca Masjid to pray for the last 25 years. My son knows that. How do you think he would trigger a bomb explosion at such a place?"

      HYDERABAD: "My son is not a terrorist," declared Abdul Wahed, father of the most wanted Mohammed Abdul Shahed alias Billal on Friday. This was the second time in three-and-a-half months that the retired school teacher came out to say so. The earlier assertion had come just after the Mecca Masjid blast.

      Notwithstanding all this, police remain convinced that Billal is the mastermind of the twin blasts that killed 41 people in Hyderabad last Saturday. Police believe that the 26-year-old who disappeared from Hyderabad in 2004 is holed up some where in Pakistan or Bangladesh.

      Wahed asks that if his son is a terrorist why doesn't the police produce him? "I suspect that he is in their custody and the cops will eliminate him," the retired school teacher, who lives in the lower middle class locality of Moosarambagh near the old city of Hyderabad, had told TOI a few weeks ago.

      Police say that Billal can be nabbed only if he is in India. "If we can't get Dawood, how do we produce him?" asks a senior cop. He added: "There is no doubt about Billal's involvement."

      What's bemusing is that even if Billal visited the office of the Hyderabad police commissioner, he wouldn't be recognised. A picture of his is doing the rounds, but nobody is sure whether it is authentic. His father says that the family doesn't have any picture of his. Billal, when he had disappeared, was a student of Mumtaz College in the city. The authorities of Mumtaz college were unavailable for comments.

      Father Wahed claimed that every time there was a terrorist attack, policemen dropped into his house. "They don't believe that we know nothing about his whereabouts," he told TOI. "I have been going to Mecca Masjid to pray for the last 25 years. My son knows that. How do you think he would trigger a bomb explosion at such a place?" asked Wahed.
      Billal is not the only son of Wahed allegedly involved in terror attacks. Another of his son, Zahed, is in Vishakhapatnam prison for his involvement in a terror attack on a Hyderabad police office on Dussehra in 2005.

      Billal, who had studied at Asifiya Urdu medium school, disappeared after police started looking for him in connection with an attack on BJP leader Indrasena Reddy. But his father said that his son was only opposing the installation of a Ganesh idol on Wakf land.

      Police say that Billal, who was the assistant of another Hyderabadi terrorist, Ghulam Yazdani, climbed up the HuJI ladder after the Yazdani was gunned down near Delhi 12 hours after the attack on Sankatmochan temple in Varanasi on March 8, 2006.

      Source From : The Times of India.............