KJHK new cd

  • yippee4742
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
      Hello peeps,
      KJHK is on myspace announcing the new cd of area bands, and they
      graciously included a live recording of the Embos from the August set.
      Jim Skeel mixed it big, he's the man. Lettuce know what you think.
      -Bill
    • Matthew Wall
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
        --- In embos@yahoogroups.com, "yippee4742" <yippee4742@...> wrote:

        > Hello peeps,
        > KJHK is on myspace announcing the new cd of area bands, and they
        > graciously included a live recording of the Embos from the August set.
        > Jim Skeel mixed it big, he's the man. Lettuce know what you think.
        > -Bill

        ooo! ooo! ooo! What song? Where can we find it????
      • mike blur
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
          According to the KJHK "Farm Fresh Sounds" myspace site, the song is "Careen" and it is the last track on the CD.  For the time being at least, the CD will be distributed free with admission, and solely at the release show in Lawrence this Thursday, December 9 at the Jackpot.

          It just so happens I will find myself in downtown Lawrence that evening.  I will stop by the show and pick up the CD and hang around for a couple bands.

          (Maybe, just maybe, with Bill's blessing, I could take my laptop down to the Jackpot - which has wi-fi access - procure the CD, rip, and upload the track to this yahoo group minutes later.  Could that be possible?  I'm willing to do it if it's okay with everyone. I wouldn't offer to do it if the disc WAS available to all.)

          Mike

          On 12/2/06, Matthew Wall <matt_wall_of_pa@...> wrote:

          --- In embos@yahoogroups.com, "yippee4742" <yippee4742@...> wrote:

          > Hello peeps,
          > KJHK is on myspace announcing the new cd of area bands, and they
          > graciously included a live recording of the Embos from the August set.
          > Jim Skeel mixed it big, he's the man. Lettuce know what you think.
          > -Bill

          ooo! ooo! ooo! What song? Where can we find it????

        • Juliet Nelson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006

            I heard it this weekend on KJ.  It rocks!  Congrats.  There is a CD release/stop day party at the Jackpot in Lawrence this Thursday.  They are giving away the CDs at the door with price of entry.