Bibliography

  • theswain
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2001
      Noel's question brings up an issue for me. (Actually I'm not going to
      answer it in the hopes that someone else on the list will). I would
      like to build a bibliography of the most important books and articles
      on the gospel and place these on the website. I know what I consider
      important, but wonder what others might think. So please send to the
      list your top five important Matthean books or articles, I'll collect
      these and send them to Jim Bacon to be posted on the Ematthew portion
      of the Jesus Archive.

      Many Thanks,

      Larry Swain
    • Sean P. Kealy C.S.Sp
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2001
        Dear Larry, Here is my recent selection. Sean p. Kealy C.S.Sp.

        At 04:35 AM 12/16/01 +0000, you wrote:
        >Noel's question brings up an issue for me. (Actually I'm not going to
        >answer it in the hopes that someone else on the list will). I would
        >like to build a bibliography of the most important books and articles
        >on the gospel and place these on the website. I know what I consider
        >important, but wonder what others might think. So please send to the
        >list your top five important Matthean books or articles, I'll collect
        >these and send them to Jim Bacon to be posted on the Ematthew portion
        >of the Jesus Archive.
        >
        >Many Thanks,
        >
        >Larry Swain

      • Carl W. Conrad
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2001
          One book that I think belongs in a Matthew bibliography:

          Anthony J. Saldarini, _Matthew's Christian-Jewish Community_,1994.
          --

          Carl W. Conrad
          Department of Classics/Washington University (Emeritus)
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2001
            Many thanks, Mr. Conrad. Your web site is indeed very rich and useful!!!
            Best wishes, Francis J. Weismann weismann@...