Re: [ematthew] Bibliography continued.

  • KWhitt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2001
      An excellent article that overviews many of the pertinent Matthean studies is
      Anderson, J. C. (1995). "Life on the Mississippi: New Currents in Matthean
      Scholarship 1983-1993." Currents in Research: Biblical Studies 3: 169-218.

      As the title aludes, the article examines the trends in Matthean scholarship,
      especially in terms of critical and reading approaches. It includes a
      bibliography of material pertinent to understanding the various approaches in
      dialogue with Mt.

      The newer work by Aune (Aune, D. E., Ed. (2001). The Gospel of Matthew in
      Current Study: Essays in Honor of William Thompson, S. J. Grand Rapids,
      Eerdmans) to which Fitzpatrick refers does have several important articles
      addressing fairly current work. A review is forthcoming soon at the online
      version of RBL.

      Keith Whitt
      Clayton, NC

      In a message dated 12/27/2001 12:09:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      StAndrew.Rugby@... writes:

      > Two I would add to this list would be Luz's The Theology the gospel of
      > Matthew (Cambridge) and Margaret Davies' Matthew (JSOT Press)
      >
      > Ed Condry,
      > The Rectory,
      > Church S, Rugby, UK

      R. Keith Whitt West Clayton Church of God
      POB 1331 1008 S. Lombard Street
      Clayton, NC 27520-1331 Clayton, NC 27520
      (919) 550-0721 (919) 553-4332
      KWhitt@... pastor@...
      www.wccg.org