Re: [ematthew] Bibliography continued.

  • Edward Condry
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2001
      Two I would add to this list would be Luz's The Theology the gospel of
      Matthew (Cambridge) and Margaret Davies' Matthew (JSOT Press)

      Ed Condry,
      The Rectory,
      Church S, Rugby, UK

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2001
        An excellent article that overviews many of the pertinent Matthean studies is
        Anderson, J. C. (1995). "Life on the Mississippi: New Currents in Matthean
        Scholarship 1983-1993." Currents in Research: Biblical Studies 3: 169-218.

        As the title aludes, the article examines the trends in Matthean scholarship,
        especially in terms of critical and reading approaches. It includes a
        bibliography of material pertinent to understanding the various approaches in
        dialogue with Mt.

        The newer work by Aune (Aune, D. E., Ed. (2001). The Gospel of Matthew in
        Current Study: Essays in Honor of William Thompson, S. J. Grand Rapids,
        Eerdmans) to which Fitzpatrick refers does have several important articles
        addressing fairly current work. A review is forthcoming soon at the online
        version of RBL.

        Keith Whitt
        Clayton, NC

        In a message dated 12/27/2001 12:09:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        StAndrew.Rugby@... writes:

        > Two I would add to this list would be Luz's The Theology the gospel of
        > Matthew (Cambridge) and Margaret Davies' Matthew (JSOT Press)
        >
        > Ed Condry,
        > The Rectory,
        > Church S, Rugby, UK

        R. Keith Whitt West Clayton Church of God
        POB 1331 1008 S. Lombard Street
        Clayton, NC 27520-1331 Clayton, NC 27520
        (919) 550-0721 (919) 553-4332
        KWhitt@... pastor@...
        www.wccg.org