second notice of the 12th annual SBL E-Lister's Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2008
      With apologies for cross posting.

      This is the second notice of the 12th annual E-Lister's gathering at the
      Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature to be held this
      year in Boston from Nov 21st through Nov. 25th

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to http://www.sbl-site.org/

      and then to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx%5d.

      The informal E-Listers' meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 22nd at
      11:30 a.m. (tentatively) at the Gorgias Press Booth (# 336) in the Hynes
      Convention* *Center Exhibit Hall D.

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 11 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So please write me OFF LIST at jgibson000 at comcast.net and let me know
      the following:

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL Section and Session #)
      you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST at jgibson000 at comcast dot net and please
      use a header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting".

      May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper,
      that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL/AAR Program Book
      Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd compose
      your information according to this formula:

      Name and Institution
      Section #
      Title of Section
      Date