Second Call: 9th Annual E-Lister's gathering at SBL

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2005
      Apologies for cross posting!

      This is the second announcement of the 9th annual gathering of all
      NT,  Biblical Studies, and related e-list members (i.e. XTalkers,
      B-Greeks, and
      members of Corpus Paulinum, John Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C

      List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L, ANE, etc.) at the SBL Annual Meeting (held
      this year on Nov. 19th-Nov. 22nd in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/

      and then to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx%5d.

      The E-Lister's meeting is planned for SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19th at 11:30
      a.m. in the Pennsylvania Convention Center Exhibit Hall D and (with
      thanks to the stalwart representatives of Gramcord) at the Gramcord
      Institute Booth (Booth 526).

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face on someone hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous
      SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 8 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So please write me OFF LIST at jgibson000@... and let me know

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home"  E-List.

      (If you are presenting a paper, you might simply cut and paste into your
      e-mail to me the information about your presentation that appears in the
      online version of the SBL Annual Meeting Program Book).

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again,  write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and please use a
      header that says something like "SBL e-lister's meeting".

      Looking forward to seeing you in Philadelphia!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)