Re: [ematthew] One more note: Greek Fathers

  • L. J. Swain
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2001
      Travis Stolz wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > Theophylact's _Explanation_ of the NT is one such important Byzantine
      > commentary. His commentary on Mt is worth looking into. Theophylact (c.
      > 1050-c. 1108) was Metropolitan of Ochrid, and the original Greek text is in
      > PG 123; an English trans. may be found in _The Explanation by Blessed
      > Theophylact of the Holy Gospel According to St. Matthew_ (Christopher Stade,
      > trans. House Springs, MO: Chrysostom Press, 1994).
      >
      > I hope this is helpful.

      This is just what I had hoped to uncover. I've checked with St.
      Pachomius and their online library, no online translation or version
      exists, so the bib information above is greatly appreciated.

      Larry Swain
    • Travis Stolz
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17, 2001
        I should add that for the English trans., the ISBNs are 0-9635183-0-5
        (hardcover) and 0-9635183-1-3 (paperback).

        The Rev. Travis D. Stolz
        tdstolz@...