Re: [ematthew] Matthew List - bibliography

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2005

      rpshields wrote:

      > �Howdy. I'm new on this list and look forward to
      > furthering my understanding of Matthew's Gospel.
      >
      > I noticed on the Harris site, that there is a bibliography.
      > I would like to recommend two excellent resources
      > for the study of Matthew (I didn't see either listed).
      >
      > "Follow Me: Discipleship According to Matthew"
      > by Martin Franzmann, CPH, 1961. It is more of a
      > theological commentary, but a superb resource
      > for pulling together the themes of the Gospel.
      >
      > "The Gospel According to Matthew: A Structural
      > Commentary on Matthew's Faith" by Daniel
      > Patte, Fortress Press, 1987. This book is
      > worth the time to investigate the connection
      > between Matthew's message and the structure
      > which he uses to communicate that message.
      >
      > Hope this is acceptable for the list.
      >
      > In Christ,
      >
      > Rich

      Thanks for this. Though I think it is really Harris himself who
      determines what does and does not get listed in his bibliographies,�
      I'll store the information away in case it should be otherwise.

      What I am really looking for, however, is not bibliography, but good web
      sites and **online** resources for Matthew.� If you have **these**, send
      them on!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey
      --