Matthew List - bibliography

  • rpshields
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
      Howdy. I'm new on this list and look forward to
      furthering my understanding of Matthew's Gospel.

      I noticed on the Harris site, that there is a bibliography.
      I would like to recommend two excellent resources
      for the study of Matthew (I didn't see either listed).

      "Follow Me: Discipleship According to Matthew"
      by Martin Franzmann, CPH, 1961. It is more of a
      theological commentary, but a superb resource
      for pulling together the themes of the Gospel.

      "The Gospel According to Matthew: A Structural
      Commentary on Matthew's Faith" by Daniel
      Patte, Fortress Press, 1987. This book is
      worth the time to investigate the connection
      between Matthew's message and the structure
      which he uses to communicate that message.

      Hope this is acceptable for the list.

      In Christ,

      Rich
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2005

        rpshields wrote:

        > �Howdy. I'm new on this list and look forward to
        > furthering my understanding of Matthew's Gospel.
        >
        > I noticed on the Harris site, that there is a bibliography.
        > I would like to recommend two excellent resources
        > for the study of Matthew (I didn't see either listed).
        >
        > "Follow Me: Discipleship According to Matthew"
        > by Martin Franzmann, CPH, 1961. It is more of a
        > theological commentary, but a superb resource
        > for pulling together the themes of the Gospel.
        >
        > "The Gospel According to Matthew: A Structural
        > Commentary on Matthew's Faith" by Daniel
        > Patte, Fortress Press, 1987. This book is
        > worth the time to investigate the connection
        > between Matthew's message and the structure
        > which he uses to communicate that message.
        >
        > Hope this is acceptable for the list.
        >
        > In Christ,
        >
        > Rich

        Thanks for this. Though I think it is really Harris himself who
        determines what does and does not get listed in his bibliographies,�
        I'll store the information away in case it should be otherwise.

        What I am really looking for, however, is not bibliography, but good web
        sites and **online** resources for Matthew.� If you have **these**, send
        them on!

        Yours,

        Jeffrey
        --