Re: [ematthew] Matthew Web Page for Harris NT Intro

  • Larry Swain
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hey Jeffrey,

      Thanks for the mention! One thing: your link to Ematthew goes to the ever developing web page (new additions in prep), not to the list, but your description is for the list only.

      Also, you might want to cull some additional materials from one or both of these two pages:

      http://www.geocities.com/theswain/ematthew/main.htm
      http://www.geocities.com/theswain/ematthew/links.htm

> [...]
      > the Gospel according to Matthew was traditionally ascribed. From the
      > Blue Letter Bible Web site.
      >
      > The Gospel of St. Matthew: The Catholic Encyclopedia
      > http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10057a.htm
      > This is the online version of the article on the Gospel of Matthew by E.
      > Jacquier (transcribed by Ernie Stefanik and Herrman F. Holbrook) from
      > the Catholic Encyclopedia. Though somewhat dated, the article still
      > gives a very clear, accessible introduction to Matthew. It is also
      > heavily hypertexted, allowing the reader to explore other issues
      > elsewhere in the encyclopedia.
      >
      > Matthew, the Gospel of
      > http://cf.blueletterbible.org/isbe/isbe.cfm?id=5866
      > G. H. Schodde's article on the Gospel of Matthew from the online version
      > of The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, edited by James Orr
      > (Eerdmans, 1918). From the Blue Letter Bible Web site.
      >
      > The Gospel of Matthew
      > http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/goodspeed/ch11.html
      > Edgar Goodspeed's introduction to, and discussion of, 2 Thessalonians.
      > > From Chapter 11 of the online version of his An Introduction to the
      > New Testament (University of Chicago Press, 1937). published September
      > 1937.
      >
      > The Gospel of Matthew
      > http://www.religion-online.org/showchapter.asp?title=531&C=552
      > The discussion of the Gospel of Matthew by Richard Heard. From the
      > online edition of his 1950 textbook An Introduction to the New
      > Testament.
      >
      > The Gospel of Matthew by William R. Cannon
      > http://www.religion-online.org/showbook.asp?title=651
      > An online version of this book surveying the Gospel of Matthew. First
      > published in 1982.
      >
      > Matthew: Introduction, Argument, and Outline
      > http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=981
      > Written by Daniel Wallace, this page is part of the Biblical Studies
      > Foundation Web site.
      >
      > Matthew
      > http://www.ntgateway.com/matthew/
      > The Matthew page, containing links to Introductory and General Web Sites
      > and online articles on the Gospel of Matthew, at Mark Goodacre's
      > indispensable New Testament Gateway.
      >
      > The Gospel of Matthew
      > http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/matthew.html
      > Peter Kirby's introduction to, and collection of online and other
      > resources for the study of, Matthew. From his Early Christian Writings
      > Collection
      >
      > Jewish-Christian Relations: Matthew's Gospel and Judaism
      > http://www.jcrelations.net/en/?id=760
      > An online article by Dorothy Lee of Queens College that examines the
      > pro-Jewish and anti-Jewish elements of the Gospel of Matthew.
      >
      > E-Matthew
      > http://www.geocities.com/theswain/ematthew/
      > An online, moderated, academic Discussion List whose focus is the
      > interpretation and understanding of the Gospel of Matthew and its role
      > in the development of Christian thought from the first century through

      Powered by Outblaze
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        Larry Swain wrote:

> [...]

        I will. You should note though that the link to Grant's Historical
        Introduction gets a 404 message when clicked on.

        Jeffrey
        --
        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        1500 W. Pratt Blvd.