Matthew Web Page for Harris NT Intro

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      As some of you may know, I've been contacted by McGraw Hill to update
      the Web Pages for Steven Harris' New Testament Introduction that can now
      be found at
      http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0767420314/student_view0/

      I'm currently at wok on updating and revising the pages of Web Links
      for each of the chapters in that book. And if I may, I'd like to
      solicit the help of e-Matthew Members in my revision of Harris' Web Link
      page for Matthew.

      Here (below) is my first draft of the revised version of the that page.

      I'd be grateful not only for any corrections you'd care to send me, but
      especially for suggestions you might have for specific additions to this
      (or any other) page.

      Unless it is thought that seeing these suggestions would be of benefit
      to the List as a whole, perhaps it's best to contact me with them OFF
      LIST at jgibson000@...

      Yours,

      Jeffrey

      *****

      Web Links

      Matthew

      KATA MATHAION Wescott and Hort
      http://www.bsw.org/?l=7186
      The Greek Text of the Gospel according to Matthew from the 1881 Westcott
      and Hort Edition of the Greek New Testament. From the Bible Gateway Web
      Site.

      Matthew NA 26
      http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~fisher/cgi-bin/gnt?id=0101
      The Greek Text of Matthew from Nestle Aland 26. From Tony Fisher's
      on-line Greek New Testament Web Site at the University of York.

      St. Matthew
      http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10056b.htm
      The article in the online Catholic Encyclopedia by E. Jacquier
      (transcribed by Ernie Stefanik) on the life and career of the figure to
      whom the Gospel according to Matthew is named.

      Matthew
      http://cf.blueletterbible.org/isbe/isbe.cfm?id=5865
      The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia article by G. H.
      Schodde on the identity and life of the apostle to whom authorship of
      the Gospel according to Matthew was traditionally ascribed. From the
      Blue Letter Bible Web site.

      The Gospel of St. Matthew: The Catholic Encyclopedia
      http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10057a.htm
      This is the online version of the article on the Gospel of Matthew by E.
      Jacquier (transcribed by Ernie Stefanik and Herrman F. Holbrook) from
      the Catholic Encyclopedia. Though somewhat dated, the article still
      gives a very clear, accessible introduction to Matthew. It is also
      heavily hypertexted, allowing the reader to explore other issues
      elsewhere in the encyclopedia.

      Matthew, the Gospel of
      http://cf.blueletterbible.org/isbe/isbe.cfm?id=5866
      G. H. Schodde's article on the Gospel of Matthew from the online version
      of The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, edited by James Orr
      (Eerdmans, 1918). From the Blue Letter Bible Web site.

      The Gospel of Matthew
      http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/goodspeed/ch11.html
      Edgar Goodspeed's introduction to, and discussion of, 2 Thessalonians.
      >From Chapter 11 of the online version of his An Introduction to the
      New Testament (University of Chicago Press, 1937). published September
      1937.

      The Gospel of Matthew
      http://www.religion-online.org/showchapter.asp?title=531&C=552
      The discussion of the Gospel of Matthew by Richard Heard. From the
      online edition of his 1950 textbook An Introduction to the New
      Testament.

      The Gospel of Matthew by William R. Cannon
      http://www.religion-online.org/showbook.asp?title=651
      An online version of this book surveying the Gospel of Matthew. First
      published in 1982.

      Matthew: Introduction, Argument, and Outline
      http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=981
      Written by Daniel Wallace, this page is part of the Biblical Studies
      Foundation Web site.

      Matthew
      http://www.ntgateway.com/matthew/
      The Matthew page, containing links to Introductory and General Web Sites
      and online articles on the Gospel of Matthew, at Mark Goodacre's
      indispensable New Testament Gateway.

      The Gospel of Matthew
      http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/matthew.html
      Peter Kirby's introduction to, and collection of online and other
      resources for the study of, Matthew. From his Early Christian Writings
      Collection

      Jewish-Christian Relations: Matthew's Gospel and Judaism
      http://www.jcrelations.net/en/?id=760
      An online article by Dorothy Lee of Queens College that examines the
      pro-Jewish and anti-Jewish elements of the Gospel of Matthew.

      E-Matthew
      http://www.geocities.com/theswain/ematthew/
      An online, moderated, academic Discussion List whose focus is the
      interpretation and understanding of the Gospel of Matthew and its role
      in the development of Christian thought from the first century through
      the Reformation.

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        Hey Jeffrey,

        Thanks for the mention! One thing: your link to Ematthew goes to the ever developing web page (new additions in prep), not to the list, but your description is for the list only.

        Also, you might want to cull some additional materials from one or both of these two pages:

        http://www.geocities.com/theswain/ematthew/main.htm
        http://www.geocities.com/theswain/ematthew/links.htm

> [...]
        > and online articles on the Gospel of Matthew, at Mark Goodacre's
        > indispensable New Testament Gateway.
        >
        > The Gospel of Matthew
        > http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/matthew.html
        > Peter Kirby's introduction to, and collection of online and other
        > resources for the study of, Matthew. From his Early Christian Writings
        > Collection
        >
        > Jewish-Christian Relations: Matthew's Gospel and Judaism
        > http://www.jcrelations.net/en/?id=760
        > An online article by Dorothy Lee of Queens College that examines the
        > pro-Jewish and anti-Jewish elements of the Gospel of Matthew.
        >
        > E-Matthew
        > http://www.geocities.com/theswain/ematthew/
        > An online, moderated, academic Discussion List whose focus is the
        > interpretation and understanding of the Gospel of Matthew and its role
        > in the development of Christian thought from the first century through

        Powered by Outblaze
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
          Larry Swain wrote:

> [...]

          I will. You should note though that the link to Grant's Historical
          Introduction gets a 404 message when clicked on.

          Jeffrey
          --
          Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
          1500 W. Pratt Blvd.