Two Things

  • Larry J. Swain
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2005
      Hello all,

      Two things: First, there is an online resource for Matthean study I
      found through following a link from Mark Goodacre's blog to
      Bibliostudies.org. Normally I would simply include these in the Links
      portion of the site and announce them, but they're only up until June 30.

      The link to the main site is:
      http://www.biblicalstudies.org.uk/articles.html

      And the two articles that I will highlight as of Matthean interest:

      http://www.biblicalstudies.org.uk/article_moses_johnson.html

      Jesus and Moses: Rabbinic Backgrounds and Exegetical Concerns in
      Matthew 5 as Crucial to the Theological Foundations of Christian Ethics
      Alan F. Johnson in Morris Inch & Ronald Youngblood, eds., The Living
      and Active Word of God. Essays in Honor of Samuel J. Schultz. Winona
      Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 1983. Hbk. ISBN: 0931464110. pp.85-108.

      http://www.biblicalstudies.org.uk/article_isaiah_barton.html
      Right Questions About Isaiah 7:14
      J. Barton Payne in the same volume as above.

      Second I would like to make a request. Over the next few weeks I'm
      going to make a Herculean effort to revamp some parts of the site and
      add some new content. Suggestions, links to Matthean or history of
      interpretation of Matthew sites or papers, links to your personal
      papers, or other suggestions more than welcome.