RE: [ematthew] Upcoming SBL II

  • Jacob Knee
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
      There's also the paper below that may be of interest:

      S21-101
      ----
      Ancient Fiction and Early Christian and Jewish Narrative
      11/21/2004
      4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
      Room: Room #211 - San Antonio Convention Center
      Theme: Social Reality and Ancient Narratives

      Robert Cousland, University of British Columbia
      The Social Context of the Matthean Chorus (30 min)

      Best wishes,
      Jacob Knee
      (Cam, Glos.)

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2004
        At 11:02 PM 11/7/2004 +0100, Larry Swain wrote:
        >> New Testament Textual Criticism
        >> 11/20/2004
        >> 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
        >> Room: Room #214B - San Antonio Convention Center
        >>
        >> More on Pseudo-agreements among 'Western' Witnesses (30 min)
        >> Sylvie T. Raquel, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
        >> The Text of the Gospel of Matthew in the Writings of Origen (30 min)
        >> Stephen C. Carlson, Fairfax, VA

        Actually, my paper is titled "The Origin(s) of the 'Caesarean' Text".
        I believe Sylvie Raquel is doing the paper on the text of Matthew in
        Origen (and Pete Williams on the Pseudo-Agreements).

        Stephen
        --
        Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
      • Larry Swain
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2004

          > At 11:02 PM 11/7/2004 +0100, Larry Swain wrote:
          > >> New Testament Textual Criticism
          > >> 11/20/2004
          > >> 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
          > >> Room: Room #214B - San Antonio Convention Center
          > >>
          > >> More on Pseudo-agreements among 'Western' Witnesses (30 min)
          > >> Sylvie T. Raquel, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
          > >> The Text of the Gospel of Matthew in the Writings of Origen (30 min)
          > >> Stephen C. Carlson, Fairfax, VA
          >
          > Actually, my paper is titled "The Origin(s) of the 'Caesarean' Text".
          > I believe Sylvie Raquel is doing the paper on the text of Matthew in
          > Origen (and Pete Williams on the Pseudo-Agreements).
          >
          > Stephen

          Hi Stephen,

          I thought I had read on a listserv somewhere else that you were doing something on the Caesarean text, so was a little surprised at this. Here is the session as it appears in the Online Program from SBL:

          S20-62
          New Testament Textual Criticism
          11/20/2004
          1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
          Room: Room #214B - San Antonio Convention Center
          John Brogan, Northwestern College, Presiding
          Jennifer Knust, College of the Holy Cross
          Early Christian Rewriting and the History of the Pericope Adulterae (30 min)
          P. J. Williams, University of Aberdeen
          More on Pseudo-agreements among 'Western' Witnesses (30 min)
          Sylvie T. Raquel, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
          The Text of the Gospel of Matthew in the Writings of Origen (30 min)
          Stephen C. Carlson, Fairfax, VA
          The Origin(s) of the "Caesarean" Text (30 min)
          Wayne C. Kannaday, Newberry College
          All's Well That Ends Well: An Examination of the Possible Influence of Apologetic Interests on the Endings of Mark's Gospel (30 min)

          So I apparently I cut off my cut and paste too soon? Sorry about that....
          From your mailbox to local or overseas cell phones.