Paper Discussion

  • Larry J. Swain
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2004
      Mark Matson has graciously agreed and invited discussion on the paper he read at SBL this past November. The paper is located at
      http://www.milligan.edu/administrative/mmatson/Matthew%20Audience%20Text.pdf and as is apparent from the URL is in PDF format.

      The purpose of this announcement and excercise is to invite and encourage discussion of Mark's paper and its ideas.

      Mark described the paper to me in this way:

      I will say that this paper was an "experiment" --
      > deliberately set
      > > myself the task of seeing what I could do with some
      arbitrarily
      > > selected sections of Matthew using the Bauckham idea as the
      > backdrop.
      > > I think it worked up to a point, but there is no
      "proof"
      > there, and it
      > > is only one step in an inductive approach to seeing Matthew
      > > interacting forthrightly and interactively with Mark. In
      > other words,
      > > my paper is experimental and in some ways weak

      So, please do take a look and offer comments, couter arguments, ask questions etc.

      BTW, I'm working on others to hold discussions with as well.