Matthew's provenance

  • Steve Black
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2003
      Forgive the cross-posting. I attended a session at SBL this year where
      some comment was made in a Matthew session about serious questions
      being raised regarding the provenance of the first gospel. All the
      resources I have access to seem to favor Antioch (Kim, Boring, Stark,
      Kummel, RE Brown, Carter, & JP Meier). This seems to me to be as close
      to a consensus at NT studies get. Have I missed some major counter
      argument?

      Steve Black
      Vancouver School of Theology
      Vancouver, BC