Paper of Interest

  • Larry J. Swain
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2003
      For those who haven't already seen Mark Goodacre's blogs this week,
      the following links to a paper on Matthew to be read at SBL in the
      Synoptic gospels section.

      http://personal1.stthomas.edu/dtlandry/matson.pdf
    • Steve Black
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2003
        Forgive the cross-posting. I attended a session at SBL this year where
        some comment was made in a Matthew session about serious questions
        being raised regarding the provenance of the first gospel. All the
        resources I have access to seem to favor Antioch (Kim, Boring, Stark,
        Kummel, RE Brown, Carter, & JP Meier). This seems to me to be as close
        to a consensus at NT studies get. Have I missed some major counter
        argument?

        Steve Black
        Vancouver School of Theology
        Vancouver, BC