First Posting of Intended Attendess of the 7th Annual E-Listers' Meeting at SBL

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2003
      With Apologies for cross posting:

      As promised, here is the List of those e-Listers who have let me know
      that they intend to attend SBL and the SBL E-Lister's Meeting at the
      Gramcord Booth in the Exhibition Center on Saturday, Nov. 22nd, at 11am.

      I have grouped people according to their "home" E-List and I have placed
      beneath names the details of the papers that they are presenting. I
      apologize in advance if I have made mistakes in attribution or other
      details. Please send corrections to me OFF LIST at
      jgibson000@...

      For those of you who do not know what the SBL E-Listers' Meeting is, or
      who have not yet seen the previous announcements of the Meeting that I
      sent out in October and earlier this month, I'll be posting another
      such announcement shortly.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
      Chicago, IL 60626

      jgibson000@...

      **********
      ANE

      Cynthia Edenburg, The Open University of Israel
      presenting a paper in the Deuteronomistic History section, Sat. Nov 22,
      at 4:00 PM. The paper is titled: The story of the Outrage at Gibeah
      (Jdg. 19-21) and its relation to the Deuteronomistic History=20

      Lisa Karnan ("Lisa Ethhp"), Claremont Graduate University
      (no paper)

      ARAMAIC-L

      Trevor Peterson
      presenting a paper "The Role of ZE in Questions", .Tuesday morning,
      Linguistics and Biblical Hebrew section.

      B-GREEK

      Susan Jeffers
      (no paper)

      Carlton Winberry
      (no paper)

      John Schwandt
      representing the National Biblical Greek Exam in booth 401 (one aisle
      over
      from Gramcord)

      BIBLICAL-STUDIES

      Arnie Perlstein
      (no paper)

      Ethan Perlstein

      CORPUS-Paulinum

      Billy Evans
      (no paper)

      James E Miller
      (no paper)

      Mark Nanos
      giving a paper in SBL 24-108 Early Jewish Christian Relations Section,
      Monday, Nov. 24, 4:00-6:30 p.m. Panelists will address the ways in which
      Pauline scholarship knowingly or unknowingly impacts Jewish/Christian
      relations.

      Stephen Finlan, U of Durham
      (no paper)

      Sheila McGinn, John Carroll University
      presenting in the AAR Academic Teaching group and responding in the
      "Rise of the Historical Consciousness" section.

      Bill Skelton
      (no paper)

      James C. Miller
      (no paper)

      Kathy Ehrensperger, University of Wales
      (no paper)

      E-MATTHEW

      R. Keith Whitt
      (no paper)

      G-THOMAS

      Mike Grondin
      (no paper)

      HUGOYE

      Naomi Koltun-Fromm
      chairing a session: S24-112 Tues 4-6:30 HY Techwood. History and
      Literature of Early Rabbinic Judaism.

      IOUDAIOS

      Albert L. Lukaszewski, University of Saint Andrews
      presenting two papers: (1) "Reconstructing Ancient Texts Using Open
      Source Software" in the
      Computer Assisted Research Section on Sunday, 23 November (1300-1530)
      and (2) "Qumran Aramaic and the Quest for Early Christian Sources" in
      the Aramaic Studies Section on Monday, 24 November (1600-1830)

      Steve Ulrich
      (no paper)

      Liz Fried
      Presenting a paper entitled: "Who Wrote Ezra-Nehemiah, and why did he?",
      Monday, November 24th SBL S24-8 Chronicles-Ezra-Nehemiah Section 9:00 AM
      - 11:30 AM

      JOHN-LIT

      James McGrath, Butler University
      Presenting "Worship and the Question of Jewish Polytheism in the
      Hellenistic Age" in the Hellenistic Judaism Section 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM,
      Tuesday, November 25th

      "Rebuilding the Temple - Jesus' Timetable for the Dawn of a New Age?"
      Historical Jesus Section
      4:00 PM - 6:30 PM, Monday, November 24th

      KATA-MARKON

      SYNOPTIC-L

      Stephen Carlson
      (no paper)

      Mark Goodacre, University of Birmingham
      All-in-One Biblical Resources Search
      in the Computer Assisted Research Section, Saturday 1 p.m.

      John C. Poirier
      presenting a paper on "The Ouranology of the Apocalypse of Abraham " in
      the Pseudepigrapha Section (S24-20), Monday morning (Nov. 24), about
      10:00 am.

      Randall Buth, Lecturer, Biblical Hebrew Rothberg International School
      Hebrew University
      "A Four-fold Shma Between Qumran and the Gospels" Qumran section, Sunday
      1pm

      Shawn Kelly
      Presenting a paper, "The Prisonhouse of Parables: Racialization in
      the era of Methodological Innovation", for the Ideological Criticism
      Section on Sunday afternoon in the 1-3:30 session.

      Shawn's book, _Racializing Jesus: Race, Ideology and the Formation of
      Modern Biblical Scholarship_
      is being reviewed in a joint session (Ideological Criticism, Historical
      Jesus, African American Hermeneutics) on Saturday Afternoon at 4 PM.

      T-C LIST

      Amy S Anderson, Associate Professor of Greek and New Testament North
      Central University
      (no paper)

      X-TALK

      C(live) F(rank) Jacks
      (no paper)

      Jeffrey Gibson

      Gordon Raynal
      (no paper)

      Zeba A. Crook, Carleton University
      Social Scientific Criticism of the New Testament Section, S23-69
      (1-3:30pm, Sunday; HY Hanover E): "Loyalty, Disloyalty, and Ancient
      Conversion."

      Rhetoric and the New Testament Section, S24-124 (4-6:30 pm, Monday;
      HY-Centennial II): "Patronal Synkrisis in Phil 3:4b-11."

      Robert L. Webb
      (no paper)

      Steve Black
      (no paper)

      Rikki Watts
      (no paper)

      James D.G. Dunn
      (no paper)

      Henry Carrigan, Trinity Press International
      (no paper -- but go and visit him at the Trinity Booth)

      Gail Dawson
      (no paper)

      Ted Weeden
      responding to the papers being presented by Bauckham, Mitchell and
      Matson at the Synoptic Gospels Section on Saturday afternoon, 4:00-6:30.