RE: [ematthew] Conversations

  • Jacob Knee
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2003
      What about David Sim?

      Best wishes,
      Jacob Knee
      (Cam, Glos.)

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Larry J. Swain [mailto:theswain@...]
      Sent: 04 August 2003 21:50
      To: ematthew@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ematthew] Conversations

      I've been encouraged to have Ematthew host a chat or two with authors
      who have recently published work in regard to the gospel. So I've
      perused my library and RBL for publications in the last 3 years and
      have come up with a short list of authors to ask. Please give me
      your comments or preferences on whom to approach:

      Warren Carter-_Matthew and Empire: Initial Explorations_

      Simonetti, Manlio, _Matthew 1-13_ and _Matthew 14-28_ in the ACC
      series

      Ulrich Luz, _Matthew 8-20_

      I've also thought of approaching Phillip Burton on the Old Latin
      Gospels, but this is somewhat tangential to our topic.

      Are there others the list members would like to see invited to
      comment on recent work?

      Many Thanks,

      Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer
      at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/J2VolB/TM
    • Steve Black
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2003
        IMHO, the Ulrich Luz, _Matthew 8-20_ is one of the very best
        commentaries I know of.
        He would get "my vote" - for what its worth.

        >I've been encouraged to have Ematthew host a chat or two with authors
        >who have recently published work in regard to the gospel. So I've
        >perused my library and RBL for publications in the last 3 years and
        >have come up with a short list of authors to ask. Please give me
        >your comments or preferences on whom to approach:
        >
        >Warren Carter-_Matthew and Empire: Initial Explorations_
        >
        >Simonetti, Manlio, _Matthew 1-13_ and _Matthew 14-28_ in the ACC
        >series
        >
        >Ulrich Luz, _Matthew 8-20_
        >
        >I've also thought of approaching Phillip Burton on the Old Latin
        >Gospels, but this is somewhat tangential to our topic.
        >
        >Are there others the list members would like to see invited to
        >comment on recent work?
        >

        >Many Thanks,
        >
        >Larry Swain

        Vancouver School of Theology
        Vancouver, BC
        ---

        The lion and the calf shall lie down together
        but the calf won't get much sleep.
        -Woody Allen