225Re: [ematthew] Ignoring Patristic exegesis of the Lord's Prayer

  • Larry Swain
    Sep 27, 2008
      Following up on Jim's comments, one of the values of early commentaries is that they share a cultural world with the contexts in which the Lord's Prayer is found, a world we do not share. So while their aims are not our aims, applying the same sort of critical techniques to their understanding of the text may yield a further contextualization for the Lord's Prayer in modern terms.