1919th Annual E-Lister's gathering at SBL

    Oct 5 8:15 AM
      Apologies for cross posting!

      It's that time of year again when the Society of Biblical Literature's
      Annual Meeting is just round the corner (Nov. 19th-Nov. 22nd) and I
      begin to arrange the now traditional (9th annual!) gathering of all
      those NT and Biblical e-list members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and
      members of Corpus Paulinum, John Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C
      List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L, etc. ) who will be going to Philadelphia
      for the SBL conference.

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to

      and then to

      The E-Lister's meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 20th at 11:30 a.m.
      in Pennsylvania Convention Center Exhibit Hall D and (with thanks to the
      stalwart representatives of Gramcord) at the Gramcord Institute Booth
      (Booth 526).

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous

      As I've done in the past 8 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000@...
      and let me know

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and please use a
      header that says something like "SBL e-lister's meeting".

      Looking forward to seeing you in Philadelphia!

      Jeffrey Gibson

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
      Chicago, IL 60626