154RE: [ematthew] the occasion of the demand for a sign in Matt. 16:1

  • John Lupia
    Nov 15, 2004
      Dear Jeffrey:

      This is a question of geography and demography. In
      both Matt. 16:1-4 and Matt 12:38-39 Jesus is in Upper
      Galilee. Mt 15:21-28 he is in Lebanon at Saida (Sidon)
      and Sur (Tyre). Mt 15:29-39 Jesus travels 35 miles NE
      from Sur (Tyre) to Lake Kinneret (Sea of Galilee; also
      Lake Tiberias). Mt 15:29b places him on a mountain
      along the Lake Kinneret rim. Where is uncertain. The
      demographic mix would be predominantly Jewish.

      Best regards,
      John

      =====
      John N. Lupia, III