1398th Annual E-Lister's gathering at SBL

    Oct 2, 2004
      Apologies for cross posting!

      It's that time of year again when the Society of Biblical Literature's
      Annual Meeting is just round the corner (Nov. 20th-Nov. 23rd) and I
      begin to arrange the now traditional (8th annual!) gathering of all
      those NT and Biblical e-list members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and
      members of Corpus Paulinum, John Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C
      List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L, etc. ) who will be going to San Antonio for
      the SBL conference.

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/

      and then to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx%5d.

      The E-Lister's meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 20th at 11am in
      (as always) the Exhibition Hall and (with thanks to the stalwart
      representatives of the Gramcord Institute) at the Gramcord Institute
      Booth.

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous
      SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 7 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000@...
      and let me know

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...)

      Looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson

      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)