116Re: [ematthew] Evangelical Matthew?

  • Matthew Estrada
    Apr 13, 2003
      --- "Larry J. Swain" <theswain@...> wrote:
      > Our discussion a couple of months ago on the
      > non-evangelical nature of the last verses of the
      > gospel, and discussing things in my Bible as
      > Literature class that I teach, and now I wonder
      > about some of the other passages that have
      > traditionally been taken as "evangelical" in
      > nature: are they?

      Hello Larry,

      I posted my thoughts on the last few verses of
      Matthew's gospel on Crosstalk2 which you might find
      interesting. I believe they show that Matthew was
      evangelical in nature. He tried depicting Jesus both
      as Moses who delivers his people from a greater
      slavery than what the Israelites had formerly known
      via a greater Exodus than what the Israelites had
      formerly experienced, and as God who sends his
      followers out to announce his salvation even as God
      sent Moses out to announce his earlier salvation. You
      can reference this post by going to the following url:

      =====

      Matthew Estrada

      113 Laurel Court

      Peachtree City, Ga 30269