102The Strong One

  • Steve Black
    Mar 14, 2003
      Mt 12:29 Or how can one enter a strong man's house and plunder his
      goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may
      plunder his house.

      I'm going against 2000 years of interpretation here - but can anyone
      tell me why the strong "man" here isn't Jesus rather than the devil?
      In other words - Jesus is saying that his opponents are trying to
      bind him with their accusations and character slander. If people
      believed that Jesus was acting by the power of the devil (as he was
      being accused) - this would turn them away from him and thwart his
      mission.

      Am I just reaching here?
      Vancouver School of Theology
      Vancouver, BC
      ---

      The lion and the calf shall lie down together
      but the calf won't get much sleep.
      -Woody Allen
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic