Looking for ACTOR / PRESENTER for upcoming children film club
The Magic Lantern* is a film club for children aged 6 to 11. It aims to inform about the wonder and beauty of cinema by showing some great films several times a year in a real cinema. Each session begins with a small stage show (scholar and innocent). The film club is under the patronage of UNESCO.
In short, the presenters need to be actors capable of performing on stage to an audience of children. But they must also be able to improvise to some extent in the light of the response from the audience, limitations of the place and other considerations that impinge on the proposed scenario. While the presenter playing the role of the Innocent may simply play a role, the Scholar must in addition have the ability to conduct a dialogue and create audience participation and have a good grasp of cinema attributes exhibited by a good radio or TV presenter.
- We are looking for 4 to 6 PRESENTERS / ACTORS in the United Arab Emirates for a professional film club for children.
- Arabic and/or English speaking
- 3 to 4 half-days monthly for stage show
- Educational project, 3 to 4 film screenings in the afternoon (weekdays/between 3 to 6 pm) in an Emirate of the United Arab Emirates
- Between November 2010 and July 2011 and September 2011 and July 2012
- Reliability and punctuality are very important
- Minimal age: 20 years
- Allowance for car, additional allowance to be discussed
- It's an advantage, if you have some experience working with children between 6 to 11 years
- Actors f/m will be trained by staff from Switzerland once a year (first time in November 2010)
- LOCATION of film club: in different cities of the United Arab Emirates
You will get more info by replying to this announcement
If you wish to apply, please reply to this email with phone number, short resume, CV, video, photo etc. or send an email to saguae@...
Thank you for your attention, and I am looking forward to a successful co-operation.
*The Magic Lantern concept is protected and has been registered with the World Intellectual Property Organization