xincludes

  • mstanleyjones
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2005
      Is there any way to either get xincludes to be valid or to ignore
      them? Please? :)

      Misty
    • Michael Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2005
        mstanleyjones <misty@...> writes:

        > Is there any way to either get xincludes to be valid or to ignore
        > them? Please? :)

        Neither. I think it's on the todo list

        --
        Michael Smith
        http://logopoeia.com/ http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/890
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2005
          Michael Smith <smith@...> wrote on Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:08:38
          +0900:

          > mstanleyjones <misty@...> writes:
          >
          >> Is there any way to either get xincludes to be valid or to ignore
          >> them? Please? :)
          >
          > Neither. I think it's on the todo list

          Well, you can quite easily "ignore them" by writing a Relax NG
          customization layer that allows xi:include elements in specific
          places.

          Without having thought about it too much, here's my personal, current
          wish list:

          nxml-mode would distinguish between "deep validation" and "shallow
          validation".

          For deep validation, nxml-mode recursively slurps all xi:included
          files into Emacs buffers and validates them, thus permitting full
          validation of the file visited by the user, including all
          dependencies.

          For shallow validation, nxml-mode peeks only at the root elements of
          xi:included node-sets and uses these during validation of the user's
          buffer, assuming that the included subtrees are valid.

          One might also provide a way for the user to activate deep validation
          manually for individual xi:includes.

          However, both solutions require the full power of XPointer to be
          implemented in nxml-mode.

          Justus

          --
          Justus H. Piater, Ph.D. http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
          Institut Montefiore, B28 Phone: +32-4-366-2279