debuggin emacs

  • Bruce D'Arcus
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 11:05 AM
      I don't think this is an nxml problem, but perhaps someone can point me
      in a direction to get this figured out?

      I had emacs and nxml working fine on my Mac box. I then wiped the disk
      clean and did a clean install, built emacs from latest source, and am
      now having problems. With --debug-init, I get:

      Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Language environment not defined:
      \"utf-8$
      signal(error ("Language environment not defined: \"utf-8\""))
      error("Language environment not defined: %S" "utf-8")
      set-language-environment("utf-8")
      eval-buffer(#<buffer *load*> nil "~/.emacs" nil t)
      load-with-code-conversion("/Users/darcusb/.emacs" "~/.emacs" t t)
      load("~/.emacs" t t)
      #[nil "^H\205\227^@ \306=\203^Q^@\307^H\310Q\2025^@
      \311=\203'^@\312\307\31$
      command-line()
      normal-top-level()

      This is with an .emacs file that worked fine before. Any suggestions?

      Bruce
    • Bruce D'Arcus
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31 11:26 AM
        Nevermind. There was a duplicate encoding line in the .emacs file,
        which for some reason didn't cause an error previously.

        Bruce