avoiding validation errors when mixing in foreign elements?

  • Michael Gratton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2005
      Hi,

      I am working on a few JSP based projects at the moment, using the new
      XML format for JSPs. This is good, because I can use nxml-mode for
      authoring JSP documents, but I get a lot of validation errors because I
      need to mix foreign in with XHTML elements.

      For example, if I have something like:

      xmlns:a="urn:jsptagdir:/WEB-INF/tags/axiomatic">
      <head>
      <title>Axiomatic: New Handset</title>

      <a:stylesheet href="/chrome/site.css"/>
      <a:stylesheet href="/chrome/form.css"/>
      </head>

      Then nxml-mode will mark the elements in the
      urn:jsptagdir:/WEB-INF/tags/axiomatic namespace as being invalid. I
      don't have a RNC schema installed for these additional namespaces.

      Is there anyway to stop nxml-mode from reporting these foreign elements
      as invalid, other than modifying each element in the XHMTL rng schema to
      allow foreign elements?

      Thanks,
      /Mike

      --
      michael gratton, itinerant geek
      i-name: <http://public.xdi.org/=mjg>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
        On 2005-01-28 17:14:23 +1030, Michael Gratton wrote:
        > Is there anyway to stop nxml-mode from reporting these foreign
        > elements as invalid, other than modifying each element in the XHMTL
        > rng schema to allow foreign elements?

        Something like that shouldn't be specific to nxml-mode.

        --
        Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@...> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>
      • Michael Gratton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
          On 28/01/2005, at 19:44, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
          > On 2005-01-28 17:14:23 +1030, Michael Gratton wrote:
          >> Is there anyway to stop nxml-mode from reporting these foreign
          >> elements as invalid, other than modifying each element in the XHMTL
          >> rng schema to allow foreign elements?
          >
          > Something like that shouldn't be specific to nxml-mode.

          Yes, you're probably right.

          However, does anyone know of a nxml-mode workaround that can be applied
          to nxml-mode?

          Thanks,
          /Mike

          --