Re: nxml-mode and mule-ucs

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2004

      >> I doubt you need mule-ucs for anything. What I mean is, if you did
      >> need it, I think you'd already know. if you remove it, I reckon
      >> that you'll not notice any differences.

      > As it turns out, I did need it. Gnus seems to use it when displaying
      > headers outside of US-ASCII.

      Er, no, sorry. Gnus doesn't need it. I started GNU Emacs instead of
      XEmacs by mistake. And headers with characters outside of US-ASCII
      has never displayed properly for me in Gnus in GNU Emacs.
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2004

        > mule-ucs and nxml-mode are incompatible; you can have one or the
        > other installed, but not both. (There used to be a formal conflicts
        > relationship, but that went away when someone claimed that disabling
        > nxml-mode in the site-start.d file would work. I think it probably
        > needs to come back, given your report.) Allegedly the next upstream
        > emacs21 will fix this conflict.

        Is the conflict emacs21 only? What about XEmacs21? Can debian emacs
        lisp packages be configured to only build for certain emacsen?
        (ie. only build for XEmacs and not GNU Emacs?)

        > For the long and sordid history, see http://bugs.debian.org/216723 and
        > http://bugs.debian.org/231314.

        Thanx for the pointers.

        - Steinar