Feature requests

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2004
      Hi there,
      is this the correct place to ask for nxml-mode features?

      If so, two ideas for making me more productive:
      1. If C-c C-f (nxml-finish-element) is used in an empty start tag,
      create an empty element. Example
      <foo
      ^ press C-c C-f
      should produce
      <foo/>
      Currently, an error is signalled.
      Bonus: do this only if the schema allows the element to be empty,
      otherwise behave like C-c C-i (or whatever).
      2. All of C-c C-i (nxml-balanced-close-start-tag-inline), C-c C-b
      (nxml-balanced-close-start-tag-block) and C-c C-f should close
      open attributes before closing the tag. Example:
      <foo bar="baz
      ^ press C-c C-i
      should produce
      <foo bar="baz"></foo>
      ^ cursor
      Currently, the attribute is not closed, i.e.
      <foo bar="baz></foo>
      is produced (C-c C-f signals an error).

      Thanks!

      J.Pietschmann