auto complete for element content

  • mcundiff3
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
      It looks to me like auto completion does not work for element
      content (i.e. for elements with enumerated lists of possible
      values). I was expecting auto-completion for element values to work
      the same way it does for attribute values. Or am I missing
      something? Thanks, Morgan
    • Bruce D'Arcus
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
        On Oct 3, 2004, at 8:36 PM, mcundiff3 wrote:

        > I was expecting auto-completion for element values to work
        > the same way it does for attribute values. Or am I missing
        > something?

        I don't think you are. I'd like this too.

        Bruce
      • James Clark
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
          > I was expecting auto-completion for element values to work
          > the same way it does for attribute values. Or am I missing
          > something?

          It's in the TODO list. (Requests for things in the TODO list are still
          useful, since they help me prioritize.) Are there many major public
          DTDs/schemas that are using enumerated values in element content?

          James
          --
          To send me mail, replace auth-only by public in the from address.
        • Bruce D'Arcus
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
            On Oct 3, 2004, at 9:03 PM, James Clark wrote:

            > Are there many major public DTDs/schemas that are using enumerated
            > values in element content?

            Don't know if you'd call it "major", but one I'm working with a lot is
            MODS, from the Library of Congress:

            http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/

            My RNC version is here:

            http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/files/mods-3-0.rnc

            Bruce
          • mcundiff3
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
              Yes, see:

              http://www.loc.gov/standards/mix/

              It is being used fairly widely in the digital library community to
              express technical metadata for digital images.

              Thanks for keeping this on TODO list!

              Morgan Cundiff
              Library of Congress