Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Bug in NXML

  • Bruce D'Arcus
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2004
      On Mar 25, 2004, at 6:22 AM, matwb@... wrote:

      > This is a valid XHTML file, but NXML shows
      > that it is invalid (the NXML mode does not
      > like the ampersands signs appearing in the
      > above url).

      I'm pretty sure any xml validator would also object. In other words,
      it's not valid.

      Bruce
    • Norman Walsh
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2004
        / matwb@... was heard to say:
        | The file displayed below is a valid xhtml
        | file, but nxml says that is an invalid one.

        No, it isn't.

        In XML (and consequently XHTML), you must escape &'s in attribute values and
        element content. Change your link like this:

        Then it'll really be valid.

        Be seeing you,
        norm

        --