schema location file.

  • david.pawson@rnib.org.uk
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      Fairly regular use of the schema location file results in such as

      <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
      uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
      <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
      uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
      <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
      uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
      <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
      uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
      <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
      uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
      <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
      uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
      <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
      uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>

      I.e. each time I'm prompted, do you want to add this to the schema location
      file I say yes, and the same data is repeated.

      An identity transform with

      <xsl:template match="r:uri[@resource=preceding::r:uri/@resource]"
      xmlns:r="http://thaiopensource.com/ns/locating-rules/1.0"/>

      cleans it up reasonably, without resolving the problem.

      Is it possible to remove this redundancy please James?

      Regards DaveP.

      **** snip here *****

      -
      DISCLAIMER:

      and any attachments from your system.

      cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are transmitted.

      those of RNIB.

      RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

      Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk
    • James Clark
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2004
        On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 17:28, david.pawson@... wrote:
        > Fairly regular use of the schema location file results in such as
        >
        > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
        > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
        > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
        > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
        > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
        > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
        > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
        > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
        > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
        > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
        > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
        > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
        > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
        > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
        >

        > I.e. each time I'm prompted, do you want to add this to the schema location
        > file I say yes, and the same data is repeated.

        I do agree that it shouldn't prompt you if the association is already in
        the schema locating file, but I don't understand why you need to specify
        the schema more than once. Once you have told nxml-mode to use
        dtbook.rnc for test.xml and saved that to schemas.xml, then each time
        you edit test.xml, nxml-mode should automatically use dtbook.rnc. So
        what's making you need to specify the schema file location multiple
        times?

        James
        --
        To send me mail, replace auth-only by public in the from address.
      • david.pawson@rnib.org.uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2004
          > Fairly regular use of the schema location file results in such as
          >
          > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
          > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
          > <uri resource="NISO/2004/relax/test.xml"
          > uri="NISO/2004/relax/dtbook.rnc"/>
          > I.e. each time I'm prompted, do you want to add this to
          the schema
          > location file I say yes, and the same data is repeated.

          I do agree that it shouldn't prompt you if the association
          is already in the schema locating file, but I don't
          understand why you need to specify the schema more than
          once.

          I don't, but presumed (wrongly it seems) that without an affirmative
          response to the query, I wouldn't have the association between the
          file and schema?
          Feature request then please,
          if schema found:
          Don't ask me if I want to save the location?

          regards DaveP

          ** snip here **

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2004
            On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 19:12, david.pawson@... wrote:

> [...]

            The query is asking whether you want to save the association
            persistently in the schemas.xml file. Whether you respond yes or no,
            you will still get the association made for the current buffer until
            that buffer gets killed. If you answer yes, the association will be
            saved, so that the next time you visit the file, the buffer will
            automatically be associated with the schema you specified. If you
            answer no, the association will be forgotten when the buffer is killed.

            You seem to be using rng-set-schema-file multiple times on the same file
            and answering yes to the query each time. I don't understand what is
            causing you do this. Is is that you are not sure what schema is
            currently being used, so you set it explicitly to be sure?

            > Feature request then please,
            > if schema found:
            > Don't ask me if I want to save the location?

            What do you mean "if schema found"?

            James
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 29, 2004
              James:
              > I do agree that it shouldn't prompt you if the association
              > is already in the schema locating file, but I don't
              > understand why you need to specify the schema more than
              > once.

              dp.
              > I don't, but presumed (wrongly it seems) that without an
              affirmative
              > response to the query, I wouldn't have the association
              between the file and schema?

              The query is asking whether you want to save the
              association persistently in the schemas.xml file.
              Yes, I understood that.

              Whether
              you respond yes or no, you will still get the association
              made for the current buffer until that buffer gets killed.
              I understand that now, but didn't prior to this thread.

              You seem to be using rng-set-schema-file multiple times on
              the same file and answering yes to the query each time. I
              don't understand what is causing you do this. Is is that
              you are not sure what schema is currently being used, so
              you set it explicitly to be sure?

              No, I was setting it, assuming nxml-mode needed it for this session.
              I now know that was wrong.

              > Feature request then please,
              > if schema found:
              > Don't ask me if I want to save the location?

              What do you mean "if schema found"?

              I *guess* that you search the schema location file prior to that prompt?
              My suggestion was that if you've found a schema associated with this
              instance, you don't prompt me to save the schema location (since you
              already have it).

              More a case of clearing up a misunderstanding than a problem.

              regards DaveP.