customization layer issue (?)

  • Bruce D'Arcus
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2003
      I've struggled a bit with figuring out how to implement a customization
      layer for the docbook schema. I seem to almost have it right, but
      nxml mode gives me the following error when I load it:

      Incorrect schema. Reference loop on symbol gen.char.class

      What does this mean, and how do I fix it?

      Here's the schema I am invoking, which I have placed in the "schema"
      directory:

      include "docbook.rnc" { citation = para.char.mix*,
      biblioref*,
      citation.attlist
      citation.attlist &=
      common.attrib,
      citation.role.attrib,
      local.citation.attrib,
      attribute renderas { "full" | "author" | "year" | "title" }?,
      attribute caption { text }?
      blockquote = title?,
      attribution?,
      component.mix+,
      biblioref?,
      blockquote.attlist
      blockquote.attlist &=
      common.attrib,
      blockquote.role.attrib,
      local.blockquote.attrib
      local.quote.attrib = quote.role.attrib
      quote.role.attrib = role.attrib
      quote = para.char.mix+,
      biblioref?,
      quote.attlist
      quote.attlist &=
      common.attrib,
      quote.role.attrib,
      local.quote.attrib
      local.epigraph.attrib = epigraph.role.attrib
      epigraph.role.attrib = role.attrib
      epigraph = attribution?,
      para.class+,
      biblioref?,
      epigraph.attlist
      }
      biblioref = element biblioref { biblioref.attlist }
      biblioref.attlist &=
      attribute linkend { xsd:IDREF },
      attribute endterm { xsd:IDREF },
      attribute unit { xsd:token },
      attribute start {xsd:token },
      attribute stop { xsd:token }
    • Michael Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2003
        Bruce,

        Please try the attached.

        Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@...> writes:

        > I've struggled a bit with figuring out how to implement a customization
        > layer for the docbook schema. I seem to almost have it right, but
        > nxml mode gives me the following error when I load it:
        >
        > Incorrect schema. Reference loop on symbol gen.char.class
        >
        > What does this mean, and how do I fix it?
        >
        > Here's the schema I am invoking, which I have placed in the "schema"
        > directory:
        >
        > include "docbook.rnc" { citation = para.char.mix*,
        > biblioref*,
        > citation.attlist
        > citation.attlist &=
        > common.attrib,
        > citation.role.attrib,
        > local.citation.attrib,
        > attribute renderas { "full" | "author" | "year" | "title" }?,
        > attribute caption { text }?
        > blockquote = title?,
        > attribution?,
        > component.mix+,
        > biblioref?,
        > blockquote.attlist
        > blockquote.attlist &=
        > common.attrib,
        > blockquote.role.attrib,
        > local.blockquote.attrib
        > local.quote.attrib = quote.role.attrib
        > quote.role.attrib = role.attrib
        > quote = para.char.mix+,
        > biblioref?,
        > quote.attlist
        > quote.attlist &=
        > common.attrib,
        > quote.role.attrib,
        > local.quote.attrib
        > local.epigraph.attrib = epigraph.role.attrib
        > epigraph.role.attrib = role.attrib
        > epigraph = attribution?,
        > para.class+,
        > biblioref?,
        > epigraph.attlist
        > }
        > biblioref = element biblioref { biblioref.attlist }
        > biblioref.attlist &=
        > attribute linkend { xsd:IDREF },
        > attribute endterm { xsd:IDREF },
        > attribute unit { xsd:token },
        > attribute start {xsd:token },
        > attribute stop { xsd:token }
      • Bruce D'Arcus
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 17, 2003
          On Nov 17, 2003, at 7:02 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

          > Please try the attached.

          Thanks Michael!

          This time it will load for validation, but when I try to add a tag, I
          get a "cannot complete in this context error."

          Bruce
        • Bruce D'Arcus
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2003
            On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 08:14 AM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

            > This time it will load for validation, but when I try to add a tag, I
            > get a "cannot complete in this context error."

            Hmm...this is weird. I just tried this schema on my office machine and
            it works fine. The version of emacs/nxml on which I seem to be having
            problems is a) a more recent build (from cvs; Friday), and b) running
            on a newer version of OS X (10.3, instead of 10.2). I'll look into
            this some more when I can, but the problem is clearly not the schema.

            Bruce