RE: [emacs-nxml-mode] Feature idea: Element ignore/include mechan ism

  • david.pawson@rnib.org.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2003

      > (A feature suggestion I tacked on to the end of the xmlhack piece;
      > posting here to find out if anybody else might think it interesting.)

      I can see the logic, but it would appear on surface inspection
      that this is a subsetting of the dtd rather than an editor function?

      I appreciate the problem though... having used db seriously.
      My top of the list would be C-e.

      regards DaveP

      -

      confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
      intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
      disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
      immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
      system.

      RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
      attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
      cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
      transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

      represent those of RNIB.

      RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

      Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk
    • Michael Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2003
        david.pawson@... writes:

        > > [... actually, I wrote this first bit...]
        > > (A feature suggestion I tacked on to the end of the xmlhack piece;
        > > posting here to find out if anybody else might think it interesting.)
        >
        > I can see the logic, but it would appear on surface inspection
        > that this is a subsetting of the dtd rather than an editor function?

        Actually, I explicitly meant to say it should be an editor function that
        wouldn't require touching a schema at all. The schema "subset" would
        instead just be specified in simple "ignore" and "include" lists, which
        I guess could be specified a variable values in .emacs file, or just in
        an external file that Emacs/nXML would read in when you pointed it to
        the location of the file.

        --Mike