Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Error message on validation.

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 17, 2013
      Using schema /sgml/docbook/v5/rng/docbookxi.rnc
      Internal error in rng-validate-mode triggered at buffer position 46.
      Symbol's function definition is void: string-to-sequence

      This from an xml file...
      ?? I set the variable in *scratch* buffer, switched back to the xml
      file - is the variable still set... I think so.

      Still shows OK with the .rng file though I'm guessing yours are showing failed?
      Other question. Is nxml-mode on yours 'as delivered' with Linux, or
      have you installed James original?

      regards

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 17, 2013
        Hi James.
          I missed your  message (new/silly gmail layout).
        I must admit that struck me as a possibility. I move over my site-lisp across iterations of OS.

        Comment out your library.
        fails on
        (load "rng-auto.el")
        Is that no longer needed?
          Seems not.

        It seems that my schema locating file (now coloured!) is invalid.
        'Using locate.rnc'... which is  my old one.

         <transformURI pathSuffix=".xml" replacePathSuffix=".rnc"/>
          <uri pathSuffix=".xsl" typeId="XSLT"/>
          <uri pathSuffix=".html" typeId="XHTML"/>
          <uri pathSuffix=".rng" typeId="RELAX NG"/>
          <uri pathSuffix=".rdf" typeId="RDF"/>

        Is now all invalid according to
        .... /emacs/24.3/etc/schema/locate.rnc

        I doubt I wrote those lines...

        Ah well. Working again.... I just hope no bugs have been introduced
        since you released it James.

        thanks.

        On 17 August 2013 01:07, James Clark <jjc@...> wrote:

        I wonder if there is maybe an old nxml-mode somewhere on your load-path that is getting loaded instead of the one included in emacs 24.3.

        On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

        Ditto... grep fails to find it. I wonder which file he's importing
        that does use it?

        Odd... open any .rng file and the error doesn't show? That uses nxml-mode

        Dave

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
          This 'new' version seems to have lost at least one feature.
          ctl-< no longer offers the available elements from the schema.

          Dave