Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] rnc-mode updated for GNU Emacs 23+

  • Tom Emerson
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 20, 2012
      On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Stefan Monnier
      <monnier@...> wrote:
      > Indeed, I'd be happy to see rnc-mode in GNU ELPA. If someone can make
      > sure the copyright paperwork is in order, that would be very appreciated.

      It is already in MELPA, FWIW. I presume that if it moves to GNU ELPA
      it should be removed from the alternate archive.

      Since I haven't heard anything from the original author (given the
      nearness of Christmas he may be on holiday and not checking mail), and
      it is under his company's copyright, I'm not sure I can submit the
      appropriate paperwork.

      -tree

      --
      Tom Emerson
      tremerson@...
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 20, 2012
        On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Stefan Monnier
        <monnier@...> wrote:
        [...]
        > Only the authors of the code can submit such paperwork.
        > More specifically, what needs to be done is to find which are the
        > contributors (contributions that total less than about 20 lines of code
        > don't need to do anything special), and then contact them to ask them if
        > they're willing to sign the necessary paperwork (unless they've already
        > signed it, of course).
        >
        > So, the first step is to figure out who are all the
        > (non-trivial) contributors.

        The changes I made for Emacs 23/24 are trivial. We would need to get
        the original author, David Rosenborg, to do the copyright assignment,
        and as I mentioned earlier in the thread he hasn't responded to my
        inquiries. So until that time (I'll send another after the new year to
        allow for him being on holiday) there is nothing to be done.

        -tree