Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] completion in nxml

  • Jeff Rancier
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2012
      Aye!

      Jeffery B. Rancier
      Software Engineer
      http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-rancier/9/996/aa9

      From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...>
      To: emacs-nxml-mode@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] completion in nxml

      On 11 October 2012 22:00, RonB <ronburk@...> wrote:
      > Newbie. Downloaded latest Gnu Emacs for Windows. Studying nxml. It appears that:
      >
      > a) Lots of websites tell you that nxml-complete is bound to C-RET.
      > b) This is not true in GNU Emacs 24.2.1.
      > c) nxml-complete isn't bound to any key
      > d) C-RET isn't bound to any function
      > e) completion-at-point is bound to Alt-tab, inconvenient if not useless for Windows users.
      >
      > After some poking around, I went with adding this line:
      >
      > (global-set-key [C-return] 'completion-at-point)
      >
      > to my .emacs.d/init.el file. The question was, assuming I want completion bound to ctrl-return instead of Alt-Tab, was this a reasonable way to do it?

      It's a personal choice, you choose the keys you want to customize?
      There isn't a 'wrong' combination.

    • RonB
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2012
        > It's a personal choice, you choose the keys you want to customize?

        It was rather in the nature of a technical question,
        but since no one objected I'll assume that was, in fact,
        a reasonable function and scope at which to do the
        overriding without causing any problems for other packages
        or situations.