validation of meta tag for xhtml 5 dissallows valid tag

  • hrumph2004
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
      in xhtml 5 the charset attribute is a valid attribute of the meta tag. For instance
      but nxml declares my xhtml invalid because of it.
    • Edward O'Connor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
        > in xhtml 5 the charset attribute is a valid attribute of the meta tag. For instance
        > but nxml declares my xhtml invalid because of it.

        You need to point nxml-mode at XHTML5 .rnc files. You can find
        instructions and code here:

        https://github.com/hober/html5-el

        HTH
        Ted
      • hrumph2004
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
          --- In emacs-nxml-mode@yahoogroups.com, "Edward O'Connor" <hober0@...> wrote:

          > You need to point nxml-mode at XHTML5 .rnc files. You can find
          > instructions and code here:
          >
          > https://github.com/hober/html5-el

          Thanks a lot for the tip. I'll check it out.