new xml weblog system

  • Bruce D'Arcus
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      Only slightly off-topic, but has anyone seem this new xml/xslt-based
      weblog system called Syncato?

      http://www.syncato.org/WK/blog/508?t=page

      It uses the new Sleep Cat XML DB library for Berkeley DB.

      This got me thinking: it probably wouldn't be too hard to turn emacs +
      nxml into a weblog editor. I don't exactly understand how this system
      works, except that it uses "http requests" to communicate with the DB.
      Might there be some existing emacs mode that could handle this sort of
      thing?

      Also, the system is only trivially a weblog system, and could easily be
      extended to cover other XML data (apparently most of the logic is
      implemented via xsl). I'm interested in using it for bibliographic
      data and notes.

      Bruce
    • Klotz, Leigh
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2003
        I think an XForms implementation for Emacs using RNG instead of XML Schema
        would be a fun project...
        There's already one written in Flash (http://claus.packts.net/w3blog/news/)