Tolerate Multiple Root Tags in Fragments?

  • Felix E. Klee
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2010
      Is it possible to tell the nXML validator to tolerate multiple root tags
      in an XML file?

      The reason is that I use nXML to edit XHTML fragments, such as:

      <li>one list item</li>
      <li>another list itme</li>

      These fragments then get assembled using PHP, into a complete XHTML
      file. Of course, I could live without the nXML validator, or just ignore
      its warning: "Unknown element" But it would be nice, if everything was
      smooth.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2010
        On 5 December 2010 10:53, Felix E. Klee <felix.klee@...> wrote:
        > Is it possible to tell the nXML validator to tolerate multiple root tags
        > in an XML file?

        it is an xml tool? xml is single rooted, so no.