Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Re: how to edit multi-part files?

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
      On 5 November 2010 14:49, Steinar Bang <sb@...> wrote:

      >> AFAIK nothing has been done with nxml-mode for xml since James
      >> posted it.
      >
      > I thought it had been accepted into emacs?

      And who is going to take an interest in it there?
      We're in an odd corner Steiner (world view?),
      I just can't see the emacs crew wanting to take
      on the work.

      I may be wrong... again!

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
        Now there's a voice from the past!
        How many years have you been lurking Lennart :-)
        Nice to hear from you again.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
          On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

          > > I thought it had been accepted into emacs?
          > >

          > And who is going to take an interest in it there?
          > We're in an odd corner Steiner (world view?),
          > I just can't see the emacs crew wanting to take
          > on the work.
          >
          > I may be wrong... again!

          There is surely interest in it, but lack of time and perhaps detailed
          knowledge. I think your support is very, very welcome. Maybe the best
          way to contribute is to send changes as Emacs bug reports (since I can
          imagine you do not have time to read Emacs Devel mailing list).