Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] how to edit multi-part files?

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
      On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

      > On 5 November 2010 14:35, Sam Steingold <sds@...> wrote:
      > > On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/about_psgml/psgml.html#Using%20a%20Split%20Document
      > >>
      > >> Lennart used to manage it, using an emacs specific
      > >> var at the bottom of the file?
      > >
      > > it does not look like sgml-parent-document is respected by nxml-mode.
      > > maybe it should be?
      > >
      > > PS. where is nxml development happening? cvs? emacs bzr?
      >
      > nxml-mode hijacked by the html users may/may not be happening
      > under emacs... somewhere.
      >
      > AFAIK nothing has been done with nxml-mode for xml since James
      > posted it.
      >
      > Perhaps a case for another google code project, or add it to
      > relax ng at google code?

      nxml-mode is now in the Emacs bzr repository. Any changes are
      happening there. If you want to contribute then please make the
      changes against this and post it to Emacs devel (or as an Emacs bug
      report).
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
        On 5 November 2010 14:49, Steinar Bang <sb@...> wrote:

        >> AFAIK nothing has been done with nxml-mode for xml since James
        >> posted it.
        >
        > I thought it had been accepted into emacs?

        And who is going to take an interest in it there?
        We're in an odd corner Steiner (world view?),
        I just can't see the emacs crew wanting to take
        on the work.

        I may be wrong... again!

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
          Now there's a voice from the past!
          How many years have you been lurking Lennart :-)
          Nice to hear from you again.

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
            On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

            > > I thought it had been accepted into emacs?
            > >

            > And who is going to take an interest in it there?
            > We're in an odd corner Steiner (world view?),
            > I just can't see the emacs crew wanting to take
            > on the work.
            >
            > I may be wrong... again!

            There is surely interest in it, but lack of time and perhaps detailed
            knowledge. I think your support is very, very welcome. Maybe the best
            way to contribute is to send changes as Emacs bug reports (since I can
            imagine you do not have time to read Emacs Devel mailing list).