Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] html5 schema

  • James Clark
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
      I don't see any jar file there.  There's a bunch of .el files and an explanation of how to use it with nxml-mode.

      On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@...> wrote:

      Henri has worked on a schema for nxml-mode with html5.
      I've compiled the datatype library into a jar...
      http://github.com/hober/html5-el

      Now I'm stumped.
      How to integrate a jar file with ... .el files?

      Any suggestions please?

      regarsd

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
        On 7 September 2010 10:55, James Clark <jjc@...> wrote:

        > I don't see any jar file there.  There's a bunch of .el files and an explanation of how to use it with nxml-mode.

        Agreed. I was too hasty.
        http://github.com/hober/html5-el/archives/master
        downloads a directory which includes a readme, an addition
        to the schemas.xml file (if you want all .html files to be html5).
        And a couple of .el files

        I put them in my site-lisp directory,
        added that to my load-path
        added (require 'whattf-dt)
        to the nxml-mode-hook

        and hey presto it works!
        [except I thought html5 wasn't namespaced?]

        Having compiled the java though James,
        can I now use it with jing for cmd line validation?
        Using http://syntax.whattf.org/ ?
        Just add the jar file (that I built from the java sources in
        the 'datatype' directory) to the classpath?