Re: Finding schema files...

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2010

      > This as part of
      > (add-hook 'nxml-mode-hook
      > (function (lambda()
      [snip!]
      > (setq rng-schema-locating-files '("/sgml/schemas.xml"))

      Note that this particular setting may be appropriate to the original
      poster's use case. This makes nxml look for a single schemas.xml file
      in the directory "/sgml" (absolute path).

      But the default value for rng-schema-locating-files should be
      appropriate for the original poster.
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31, 2010
        Steinar Bang wrote:

        Hi,

        > Note that this particular setting may be appropriate to the
        > original poster's use case. This makes nxml look for a single
        > schemas.xml file in the directory "/sgml" (absolute path).

        Just to add my 2 cents to the current discussion, I don't like
        the schemas.xml file in the current directory neither. I have
        the following path in rng-schema-locating-files:

        ~/.emacs.d/nxml-schemas/schemas.xml

        The directory ~/.emacs.d/nxml-schemas/ also contains all the
        schemas. And my ~/.emacs.d/ is in a Subversion repository so I
        can easily share it between several computers.

        With a mix of rules on the actual XML content and on the file
        names, those catalogs usually make the job very well.

        Florent Georges
        http://fgeorges.org/